The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Official University of East Anglia (UEA) 2023 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by leixki
Heyy I enjoyed applicants day, I had more insight into life at UEA as well as what we will be doing during my nursing programme. I must say the teachers lectures there are the nicest people you will ever meet. They seem so friendly and so supportive which is one of the main things I'm also looking for in a university

Hello @leixki
That is so amazing! :smile: UEA is such a friendly community with a great atmosphere.
If you have any questions after your applicant day, please let me know! :smile:

UEA Rep Lucy
3rd year Economics with a year abroad
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by ryanantony04
Hey!
I've applied for Liberal Arts.
I study: History, Politics, Psychology, and an EPQ

Hello @ryanantony04
That is amazing! :smile:
Do you have any questions about UEA, I can help answer :smile:
UEA Rep Lucy
Reply 102
when will be the applicant day?
Reply 103
Hi,

I am going to study physiotherapy. The Y1 course will commence on 18/9. Wonder whether there will be any orientation? Before or after 18/9?
Original post by batika
Hi,

I am going to study physiotherapy. The Y1 course will commence on 18/9. Wonder whether there will be any orientation? Before or after 18/9?

Hey there @batika :smile:

Firstly, congratulations on your offer to study with us! That’s amazing news :h:

UEA has something called Welcome Week which happens a week before teaching begins whilst all the module introductions are happening. This is a great way to integrate with your new flatmates, course mates and find out more about different clubs and societies! There are always so many events from Freshers Fairs, to silent discos to glow parties and glow in the dark minigolf so there's always loads happening at once. As your course seems to be starting before this typically happens, your school may have planned their own events to get you familiar with uni life which is always fun :smile:

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.
Isabella (MSc Brand Leadership)
Original post by batika

Hey @batika!

I’ve just seen your other question! There is one coming up this Saturday 13th May (apologies this is rather late notice!) and you can find more info here! But if you haven’t received any information about it then please don’t hesitate to email admissions who will be able to give you further details [email protected].

Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by batika

Hi @batika
The applicant day is Saturday 13th May.
If you have any questions before or after, please let me know!
I hope this helps :smile:
UEA Rep Lucy
Reply 107
Hi,

Thanks for the information. When did the welcome week typically happen? As I'm planing to book my ticket.
Original post by batika
Hi,

Thanks for the information. When did the welcome week typically happen? As I'm planing to book my ticket.

Hey there @batika

For the academic year 2023-2024, Welcome Week is set to be between 18 September 2023 to 22 September 2023. You can find more information on the semester dates here! I would recommend joining the Official UEA Welcome Group 23-24 on Facebook as there will updates near the end of this academic year/ over the summer about what is going on and how to buy tickets to the events :smile: Or if you don’t use Facebook, keeping an eye on our https://www.ueasu.org/ is equally as useful!

Hope this helps!
hi~
I applied for physio for 2023-2024! just went to the applicants day was quite nice
studying: a level maths chem bio and EPQ
Original post by iced_lemonspezi
hi~
I applied for physio for 2023-2024! just went to the applicants day was quite nice
studying: a level maths chem bio and EPQ

Hey @iced_lemonspezi :smile:

That’s great to hear you've applied to our Physio course and attended one of the Applicant Days! I hope you had the chance to chat to some of your fellow course mates and our lovely staff :smile: What did you think of the campus? I've been here fore 4 years and still can’t get over how wonderfully green it is (especially with the UEA Broads)!

Let me know if you have any questions!
Reply 111
Original post by UEA Rep Isabella
Hey there @batika

For the academic year 2023-2024, Welcome Week is set to be between 18 September 2023 to 22 September 2023. You can find more information on the semester dates here! I would recommend joining the Official UEA Welcome Group 23-24 on Facebook as there will updates near the end of this academic year/ over the summer about what is going on and how to buy tickets to the events :smile: Or if you don’t use Facebook, keeping an eye on our https://www.ueasu.org/ is equally as useful!

Hope this helps!

Hi, Isabella! Thanks for the info. I am Paula, an international applicant. I've applied for the MA in Media and Global Development and got an unconditional offer this year! :smile: I am waiting for the outcome regarding a full scholarship.
Original post by batika
Hi,

Hello @batika

For me the welcome week was around 20th September!
I hope this helps :smile:
I am sure they will update with information on the website nearer to the time!
Typically as my fellow Rep said it is 18-22 September!

They always run loads of activities on welcome week and it is a great way to meet people!
It`s great to look at the events list on the SU website, as it is super exciting!!

Please let me know if you have any further questions!
UEA Rep Lucy :smile:
3rd year Economics with a year abroad student
Original post by pmariane
Hi, Isabella! Thanks for the info. I am Paula, an international applicant. I've applied for the MA in Media and Global Development and got an unconditional offer this year! :smile: I am waiting for the outcome regarding a full scholarship.

Hey @pmariane!

Thanks for getting in touch - we love hearing from future students! That's absolutely amazing that you've received an unconditional offer (definitely makes the process a little less stressful!) and glad to hear you found the information useful :smile: I've got my fingers crossed that you receive your full scholarship!

Have you had the chance to visit our campus or have a look at our virtual tours? If so what did you think of it! I love how green the campus is but so close to the city as well - getting the best of both worlds here for sure :smile:

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Original post by jemmyrosee
Hi! I’ve applied for Paramedic Science at UEA and received an offer this morning! So exciting!

I’m currently studying an Access to Health Professions diploma :smile:

Hello @jemmyrosee

That is amazing! Congratulations! Let me know if you have any questions :smile:
UEA Rep Lucy
Hey I’m international student. I have apply MSc dietetics and waiting for an offer. But still don’t have any news😭
Original post by Anonymous
Hey I’m international student. I have apply MSc dietetics and waiting for an offer. But still don’t have any news😭

Hi :h:

I'd suggest dropping our admissions team an email at [email protected] who will be happy to help you with this! Good luck :smile:

Danielle :smile:
Film and Television Studies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending