The Student Room Group

AstraZeneca Graduate Program (2023)

Hi everyone!

I didn't see a forum for the graduate program applications this year so I thought I'd create one where we can share questions and progress :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Whfmc
Hi everyone!

I didn't see a forum for the graduate program applications this year so I thought I'd create one where we can share questions and progress :smile:

Hi! I'm curious as to what this program is, could you tell me a bit about it?

Thank you! :h:
Reply 2
There are lots of different graduate programs that you can read more about here: https://careers.astrazeneca.com/early-talent

Graduate schemes usually have multiple stages like an online assessment, video interviews and assessment centers.
Original post by Whfmc
There are lots of different graduate programs that you can read more about here: https://careers.astrazeneca.com/early-talent

Graduate schemes usually have multiple stages like an online assessment, video interviews and assessment centers.

Thank you very much! I'll be sure to check it out. :smile:

Another thing- is there a separate forum/blog/place where this scheme is discussed in more detail?

Thanks!
Reply 4
hi, does anyone know when the application for work experience for astra zeneca will open?
thank you!
Does anyone know how important the online assessment is in the application process?
Reply 6
Original post by favoura1000
Does anyone know how important the online assessment is in the application process?

I'm not entirely sure as this is my first time applying to all of these graduate schemes!

I do know (from reading other graduate scheme threads) that companies that use SHL for testing take the assessments into account but I think its more of a cut off way (reaching the threshold) rather than in a comparative way to other candidates - if that makes sense.
I think that if they receive a large number of applicants then they may begin to compare. This is just my thinking and I could be completely wrong!
Hi, does anyone know when the sales, marketing and market access rotational programme applications open for September 2023?
I’ve applied for Patient Safety and sat the SHL. Anyone else applied for it? Sounds like my dream role from the description
Reply 9
Original post by Tetra23
I’ve applied for Patient Safety and sat the SHL. Anyone else applied for it? Sounds like my dream role from the description

I applied for the global operations role - although the patient safety does sound like an amazing opportunity!

Has applications for the patient safety scheme shut yet? Operations closed late last month so I’m wondering when we’d hear back from them.
Original post by Whfmc
I applied for the global operations role - although the patient safety does sound like an amazing opportunity!

Has applications for the patient safety scheme shut yet? Operations closed late last month so I’m wondering when we’d hear back from them.

Yes patient safety closed in early November. Had an email a couple weeks ago suggesting that early December that we would hear about assessment centres. How did the SHL go for you?
Reply 11
Original post by Tetra23
Yes patient safety closed in early November. Had an email a couple weeks ago suggesting that early December that we would hear about assessment centres. How did the SHL go for you?

Fingers crossed for you then!
Did you have to do a video interview for that position? As I think I may have to but haven’t heard anything yet.
The assessment centre for the operations grad scheme is planned for wb 23rd January.

I quite enjoyed the tests and luckily I’ve preformed quite well which is a relief- how about you?
Original post by Whfmc
Did you have to do a video interview for that position? As I think I may have to but haven’t heard anything yet.
The assessment centre for the operations grad scheme is planned for wb 23rd January.

I quite enjoyed the tests and luckily I’ve preformed quite well which is a relief- how about you?

I performed well in SHL as well. Fingers crossed it meets the standard expected. No video interview that I’m aware of. Just an assessment centre around the same time as you in January.

Wish you the best of luck - AZ seems a fantastic company to work for and is really big on employee values.
Reply 13
Hey how did you find out about the date for the assessment centre ?

Original post by Whfmc

Reply 14
Original post by Ak1709
Hey how did you find out about the date for the assessment centre ?

Hi - I found it on their website. It should be on the information page for the graduate scheme you are applying for.
Reply 15
Anyone heard anything for Global Operations yet?
Original post by Whfmc
Anyone heard anything for Global Operations yet?

Not applied for global ops, but Patient Safety assessment centre updates were delayed from early Dec to late Dec. Hang in there, I reckon more info will be out by end of this week
I found out yesterday about the patient safety assessment centre
Original post by Heidilw2102
I found out yesterday about the patient safety assessment centre

Congrats. I’ve not heard anything yet :frown: did you score highly on SHL - if you don’t mind me asking?
Reply 19
Hi! Does anybody know when the online assessment is sent to us following the initial application?

Anyone else applying to the bioscience R&D scheme? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest