The Student Room Group

Public Health ST1 Programme 2023 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hi I am preparing? Are you interested in group discussion?
If there are any study groups I would like to join and discuss
Original post by Anonymous
There are three tests in total: RANRA (has two parts), Watson Glasser (has five parts) and SJT (has two parts). Hope this helps - it is all explained in the documentation and the timings are different.

is it written test or electronic, and can you go back to different sections for WG and RANRA respectively, (based on jobtestprep, it seems you cant :frown: )
Original post by Anonymous
is it written test or electronic, and can you go back to different sections for WG and RANRA respectively, (based on jobtestprep, it seems you cant :frown: )

They are all computer based. You first do RANRA, then WG and the SJT. You can go back to questions within one test, but each test is administered separately. The time is very limited so you will not really be able to go back to questions effectively.
Is anyone else unable to use jobtestprep on their mobile?

Also ive noticed that some of the SJT on jtp is quite buggy as it has shown I have answered questions correctly or mostly correctly but shows it as incorrect and 0/5 on the review
Hi Jay, sure, I'm interested. Could you send me a private message. Thanks

Original post by Jay Solai
Hi I am preparing? Are you interested in group discussion?
How is prep going for everyone?
Sure
Original post by Chap.PH
Hi Jay, sure, I'm interested. Could you send me a private message. Thanks
For those booking assessment centres, is it only showing 1 timeslot for the test centre? It seems that not only is the test not happening at my 2 nearest driving centres (the closest one to me in fact didnt even do UCAT last year), the one for the 3rd nearest only had 1 slot available...and its in another county :colonhash:)

I wonder if this means im the only one using that centre for PH exam or if other people are there for the exam?
I believe the date and time are fixed for the exam.
Reply 70
Has anyone else had real trouble finding available slots at nearby test centres? Have had to book one a few hours away. Or perhaps the booking opened at midnight and I have missed slots!
Original post by CQ2
Has anyone else had real trouble finding available slots at nearby test centres? Have had to book one a few hours away. Or perhaps the booking opened at midnight and I have missed slots!

Thats what I was worried about as well re time.
I had a look at the website before today and the centres are the same in demeber as they are today BUT when I booked today, it said there was just 1 test slot available, which made me wonder if I missed other slots or if other people are doing it the same time.

What's frustrating is that it appears my local centre has stopped dining all tests which aren't driver theory or construction, whilst the 2nd nearest did ucat last year but wasn't on the list for pH exam
1 slot available for 3rd nearest*
Reply 73
I'm having major problems too. I can't find any available at all.
Me too! The nearest available test centre is nr > 30 on the list, min 4 hours drive from where I live. Surely there must be a glitch in the booking system?
Original post by WillowTree2020
Me too! The nearest available test centre is nr > 30 on the list, min 4 hours drive from where I live. Surely there must be a glitch in the booking system?

That is what I thought but sadly discovered that it's just a case of most either being full or not open!
Original post by Camb_girl
That is what I thought but sadly discovered that it's just a case of most either being full or not open!

Do you think those of us who cannot find a test centre nearby will be allowed to take the test remotely from home? This is so stressful!
Original post by WillowTree2020
Do you think those of us who cannot find a test centre nearby will be allowed to take the test remotely from home? This is so stressful!

It's worth contacting hee or PearsonVue to find out
Hi all! Hope everyone's prep is going well! Does anyone know whether the jobtestprep normalised scores are useful - what kind of scores are people aiming for/getting?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending