The Student Room Group

Public Health ST1 Programme 2023 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

How is your preparation going? I am not very sure. But it is not normalised score for SJT. How much were you able to score in RANRA?
Original post by Anonymous
Applying as well. Tried last year and will be giving it a shot one more time. Hoping it works out this time.

Hi,

How is your preparation going?
Original post by AngPH
I am also giving it one last shot!

Hi,

How is your preparation going? all the best
Original post by donnamarie1
Quick question has anyone got through to assessment centre but then not through any stages after that and then reapplying this year?

Hi did you take the PHNRO assessment test last year? how is your preparation this year?
Hi all! Hope everyone's prep is going well! Does anyone know whether the jobtestprep normalised scores are useful - what kind of scores are people aiming for/getting?

Hi, I would be very interested to hear what others are actually scoring too? I was scoring very low to start off with but now lowest is 4-5 and highest is 9 however that’s from repeat testing and reading 🤷*♀️
Hi, I would be very interested to hear what others are actually scoring too? I was scoring very low to start off with but now lowest is 4-5 and highest is 9 however that’s from repeat testing and reading 🤷*♀️

Thats my worry as well.
What are your scores?
Reply 87
Original post by WillowTree2020
Do you think those of us who cannot find a test centre nearby will be allowed to take the test remotely from home? This is so stressful!

I am in the same boat and have emailed. Let me know if you manage to sort it?
Original post by AngPH
I am in the same boat and have emailed. Let me know if you manage to sort it?

I kept checking every few minutes and managed to find a spot that opened closer to my home. I then rebooked my test for this location. Good luck getting it sorted!
Thats my worry as well.

If your are interested we can discuss to lift our scores in exam
Hope everyone's prep is going well. Was wondering how people are finding the SJT questions on JopTestPrep and if people are generally scoring low/medium/high? I tend to score about a 6 but have no idea if this is fair or low? Also not sure how exactly to improve - any tips? Thanks in advance!
Hope everyone's prep is going well. Was wondering how people are finding the SJT questions on JopTestPrep and if people are generally scoring low/medium/high? I tend to score about a 6 but have no idea if this is fair or low? Also not sure how exactly to improve - any tips? Thanks in advance!

I don't have any tips but my jobtestprep pack only has one SJT test? are you just dong the same one over and over?
Original post by WillowTree2020
Do you think those of us who cannot find a test centre nearby will be allowed to take the test remotely from home? This is so stressful!

That would be great - did you find out if this is an option?
Original post by Camb_girl
That would be great - did you find out if this is an option?

Different anon but I spoke with Pearsonvue yesterday to find out why 2 centres I was looking to go to didn't offer the exam despite having done ukcats in the past. It appears a lot of test centres went bust due to the Pandemic and even the end of last year. Seems that's what happened to my 1st 2 options
Original post by Jay Solai
Hi,

How is your preparation going?

Making some progress. I'm having to deal with some distractions but I'm hoping to dedicate more time over the coming days. How's yours coming along?
Original post by elro203
I don't have any tips but my jobtestprep pack only has one SJT test? are you just dong the same one over and over?

Yes, for SJT, I wondered if you get some points even if you don't get the exact order correct - but nearly right for example?
Original post by Camb_girl
Yes, for SJT, I wondered if you get some points even if you don't get the exact order correct - but nearly right for example?

Yes, you do. Good luck everyone.
Yes, you do. Good luck everyone.

Does anyone know if the RANRA is negatively marked in some way? Thanks
Original post by elro203

For some reason up until yesterday my pack seemed to include 5-6 non public health tests - but they disappeared yesterday. So now doing the same one and some online.
Does anyone know if the RANRA is negatively marked in some way? Thanks

I don't think it is - never seen it in the instructions and I read last years student room thread which said it wasnt.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending