The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Tiny-Dancer
Also just because girls are confident doesn't mean they're brash or boisterous. They may just be confident in themselves. A girl can be confident in her work but submissive in her sexual nature. I think that's another question this forum arises. Do guys prefer a girl who is submissive in the bedroom or a girl who takes control???

Personally I prefer girls who can switch :yep:
tom//
that doesnt surprise me, itd be submissive of you, wouldnt it?

i love how you bang on about equality, yet in the same thread say "the only thing men are good at is serving", nice one

sexual equality is an ideal. but only if women were to rule the world! hehe

and for a bloke, you use an awful amount of tag questions. rather submissive me thinky!

in fact, men arent any good at serving to tell the truth.
Reply 82
millymelting
Again, you're missing the point. Here is another way I could put it, if you like.
1.Submissive
2.Assertive
3.Domineering

There is a happy medium

I'd prefer submissive though, and if a girl preferred submissive, what's wrong with that? She's not "weak" as someone was saying.
Reply 83
A guy who wants a submissive girl is just insecure and cant stand up to other guys.

cutes a totally different thing, you can be cute and self repecting aswell as being confident.

There isnt a type of girl or guy, and quiet people generally suprise you when you get to know them
Selkarn
I'd love you, except I'm in a relationship.

With a gorgeous girl who's not some loud-mouth moron, thankfully.

unfortunately i am one of those mouthy types that gets in fights. it's a hideous character floor that im trying to correct. doesn't mean that i like other people that are like it, i think most people are just embarrassed for them.
Reply 85
millymelting

There is a happy medium

You answered your own question there.
Reply 86
Phantom Phoenix
Personally I prefer girls who can switch :yep:

You've ruined all hope of us having a future together :sad:
Reply 87
Phantom Phoenix
I don't entirely understand the problem; some people are just submissive. You can argue that it's better not to be, but it's not a characteristic that I'd particularly ascribe to women, or one which obviously causes any problems that I can see.

In relation to expectations of women stated by certain men
Reply 88
I generally am not attracted to submissive women, and find them dull and uninteresting. However, the ones who are so obsessed with not being submissive that they just become impossible are even more unbearable. I like girls who'll stand up to me when I'm being an arse/stupid (which is a LOT) but is comfortable enough in herself to give way to me when I'm right. Being massively overbearing does not make you strong or independent, being comfortable enough in yourself to go along with what is most sensible is strength.
Reply 89
KayleeLand

and for a bloke, you use an awful amount of tag questions. rather submissive me thinky!

in fact, men arent any good at serving to tell the truth.

face to palm moment, isnt it?
button8
You've ruined all hope of us having a future together :sad:

I'll give up the ideal for you :love:
Tiny-Dancer
Do guys prefer a girl who is submissive in the bedroom or a girl who takes control???

both for different occassions id imagine
KayleeLand

:lolwut:

That actually makes no sense.
Reply 93
amrizzle
You answered your own question there.

Ahhhh I know :{ I'm no good a TSR stuff
I just meant men's expectations of women
tom//
face to palm moment, isnt it?

yet another tag question!

i never put my palm anywhere near my face, that sort of perfection should be looked at with the eyes, not the hands.
millymelting
How many men are more attracted to girls like this? TSR sometimes makes me feel rather sad, especially when I see how sexist people can be. Do you think it makes a girl more attractive if she is quiet and virginal? There is nothing wrong with being either of those things, but I'm tired of meeting men who just want to meet girls who are coy or 'cute'! Also, if you try to join a conversation with a group of guys, you can feel that your input is not wanted. My last school was mixed-sex and in the countryside, and girls there had been brought up to hang on every word any good looking or popular male said. Recently one of my friends revealed that her main aim in life was to get married to someone rich, as long as they were reasonably likeable. It's so disappointing to think about the misogyny still bubbling under the surface of our society :{

Submissive? That has sexual connotations to it and a girl's sexuality usually is unrelated to her personality (to a certain extent). A girl can be very domineering in a relationship, yet be very submissive sexually...
Phantom Phoenix
:lolwut:

That actually makes no sense.

my idea of humour clearly goes unnoticed.... :frown:
Reply 97
Submision =/= shy and quiet.

To agree with what your partner says simply because he says it, and to do whatever he wishes, is to be submissive. And believe me, that is not a healthy relationship to find yourself in (I come from a very old-fashioned family in respect to gender roles). The submissive person, be they male or female, loses their personality. They might lose their friends because their partner doesn't like them; they are not allowed seperate opinions; etc... it's wrong.

I'm a shy, quiet person, but I don't want to be submissive. I do find it is to break the habit that I've learnt from my parents and say if I don't want to do something, but that isn't what I want out of life, and I keep on making myself say. (Obviously, I'll compromise, but I'm talking about things that I'm really uncomfortable with doing.)

As for all you guys saying you want a quiet, shy, submissive girl... do you really want someone who unhappily does whatever you want, just because you want it?

Edit: I've just re-read and realised that's come across as a crappy, I've-been-inspired-by-my-life, speech :p: Sorry! Just edited some of it.
Reply 98
Phantom Phoenix
I'll give up the ideal for you :love:

:biggrin: :woo: :biggrin: :woo: :biggrin: :woo: :biggrin: :woo: :biggrin: :woo: :biggrin: :woo: :biggrin: :woo: :biggrin: :woo: :biggrin: :woo: :biggrin: :woo: :biggrin: :woo: :biggrin: :woo: :biggrin: :woo: :biggrin: :woo: :biggrin: :woo: :biggrin: :woo: :biggrin:
SamTheMan
Submissive? That has sexual connotations to it and a girl's sexuality usually is unrelated to her personality (to a certain extent). A girl can be very domineering in a relationship, yet be very submissive sexually...

Likewise for men!

Latest

Trending

Trending