The Student Room Group

being caught by using someone else's oyster card

I was caught by TFL inspector by using my roommate's 18+ oyster card. I purchased the season card and used it to commute for two months.The inspector took my details and said I will get a letter in 10 days. What should I do? Should I plea the guilty or defend for myself? Actually I don't know how to defend for myself if they check the journey history
Just pay the fine and be done with it. The amount you’ve probably saved yourself using a fraudulent piece of ID most likely covers it anyway. If you make hassle they get the TP involved and they can prosecute for fraud but normally TFL just keep it civil and charge a fine so not worth trying to defend yourself when they will defo have the evidence to prosecute if they want!
My friend got caught fair dodging and they were looking to prosecute him but this was in Wales. He managed to get out of it by writing a very apologetic formal letter. Hopefully TFL will just fine you though.
yeah I think so. I can accept fine if they don't give me the criminal record.
Reply 4
Hi bro could you please how your case end
Did you go to the court? Did you pay fine ? Did you get criminal record ? Let me know please I got caught 3 days ago
Reply 5
Original post by Meglouv
Hi bro could you please how your case end
Did you go to the court? Did you pay fine ? Did you get criminal record ? Let me know please I got caught 3 days ago
Omg can you let me know what happened aswell pls just got caught today 😔

Quick Reply

Latest