The Student Room Group

A-level Spanish Study Group 2022

Welcome to the A-level Spanish Study Group! :woo:

This is where you can chat to others students taking your subject as you prepare for your A-level exams this summer

What can I do in these groups?

Almost anything! If you need help with a certain topic, want to rant about something you are struggling with or just want to support other students who are trying to prepare, this is the place for you. We want these to be a useful place for everyone no matter what you're looking for! :smile:

What can't I do in these groups?

Asking or offering copyright papers is against our site rules, and so is taking conversation off-site to do these things. Any posts doing this will be removed. That's the only rule :naughty:

Ice Breaker questions if you want to use them!

> What exam board are you on? (Vote in the poll as well!)

> What bits of the course are you feeling confident with?

> What areas are you struggling with a little?

> Have you found any resources online that have helped you prepare?

Specifications:

AQA - Spanish 7692

Edexcel - Spanish 9SP0

OCR- Modern Foreign Languages

WJEC - Spanish

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yes:
Keeping this space for a list of resources or study tools that are recommended in this thread:
https://www.gradesaver.com/el-corone...llegory-motifs - El Coronel
https://archive.org/stream/131923050...l-pdf_djvu.txt - El Coronel
hola amigos!

I have done A level Spanish and I thought I'd just share some tips that I had written down a few months ago for year 13s. Hope it helps a bit! I'm hoping at least some people see this!

1. I’m not sure if this applies to all exam boards, but for AQA, please do the AO4 for the speaking exam! I used to find it difficult and frustrating sometimes, but it is all worth it in the end! For the IRP, it’s good to think of questions that you will likely be asked and maybe prepare answers for them. You can then alter them slightly and add things in the exam when asked a more specific question.

2. When doing translations, read through the whole text first and highlight any important grammar to watch out for, as this makes it a lot easier when going to actually translate the text. It’s okay to leave gaps, but make sure to fill them in (anything you think it could be!) before moving on!

3. Make mind maps to help remember symbols, characters, quotes etc for films, plays, books try to make links to the key themes. Adding the subjunctive to essays can also really help, even if it’s only once es importante que (or another adjective), para que, sin que, quiere que…
Original post by simxne_
hola amigos!

I have done A level Spanish and I thought I'd just share some tips that I had written down a few months ago for year 13s. Hope it helps a bit! I'm hoping at least some people see this!

1. I’m not sure if this applies to all exam boards, but for AQA, please do the AO4 for the speaking exam! I used to find it difficult and frustrating sometimes, but it is all worth it in the end! For the IRP, it’s good to think of questions that you will likely be asked and maybe prepare answers for them. You can then alter them slightly and add things in the exam when asked a more specific question.

2. When doing translations, read through the whole text first and highlight any important grammar to watch out for, as this makes it a lot easier when going to actually translate the text. It’s okay to leave gaps, but make sure to fill them in (anything you think it could be!) before moving on!

3. Make mind maps to help remember symbols, characters, quotes etc for films, plays, books try to make links to the key themes. Adding the subjunctive to essays can also really help, even if it’s only once es importante que (or another adjective), para que, sin que, quiere que…

This is incredibly useful! Thank you so much :smile:
Original post by simxne_
hola amigos!

great thanks!
Hi! What type of questions did your examiner ask you? Did they ask you to analyse/compare/summarise?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending