The Student Room Group

Medical schools to apply to with a low UCAT?

Hi I just recently did my ucat and got an average of 638 (2550). My GCSEs are as follows:
chemistry 9
biology 9
physics 8
maths 8
English language 8
English literature 8
religious studies 8
geography 9
Spanish 6

which universities shall I apply to for 2022 entry with these results? I wasn't going to apply to Birmingham but I don't think I should with my given ucat score. How are options like Keele too as I wouldn't mind going there?

I got band 2 in sjt.
I'm predicted 3As at a level
(edited 2 years ago)
Moved your thread to the Medicine sub forum where you may get better responses.
Here's the megathread for this where you'll get more responses
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6679038
Have you tried the calculator for Birmingham? Your GCSE's are quite good so consider QUB, Liverpool or Leeds. I'm not too familiar with keele but you should be fine with your stats.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
I got similar stats to you. Did the UCAt today and was disappointed with my score of 2580. Was expecting more. I got a band 2 for situational judgement. I still really want to do med and would like to know what you did and whether you got in.
Original post by blobfish90
Hi I just recently did my ucat and got an average of 638 (2550). My GCSEs are as follows:
chemistry 9
biology 9
physics 8
maths 8
English language 8
English literature 8
religious studies 8
geography 9
Spanish 6

which universities shall I apply to for 2022 entry with these results? I wasn't going to apply to Birmingham but I don't think I should with my given ucat score. How are options like Keele too as I wouldn't mind going there?

I got band 2 in sjt.
I'm predicted 3As at a level

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending