The Student Room Group

Struggling with Biochemistry in 3rd year

Hey everyone! I hope you are doing well.

I'm struggling so much in 3rd year at uni. In 2nd year (it was lock down) I got 43% and this was because my grandfather passed away a week before my exams and I mentally wasn't in the right place and I barely have any knowledge from 2nd year. And now I even feel that this year I'm failing. I'm finding everything so hard and now It's like I hate my own degree. I don't like anything that I'm learning and I find it so boring (not trying to be negative).

I feel really upset, I went to my lecturer and explained to him my situation and he said that I would walk out from uni with a 2:2 not 2:1. I'm mentally not happy at all and its week 10 at uni and I feel like dropping out. I keep comparing myself to other students and I try not to but it still happens and I get really upset. All the deadlines for course works are all coming in the way of all the other works and I feel like I cannot focus.

Is there any advice that anyone can give me to make me feel better/lighter - so sorry guys I feel really upset/depressed.
Reply 1
I really feel for you, I know how hard it can be doing a bioscience degree where everyone around you is constantly making you feel you need to compete for good grades. I am currently feeling really down im in 2nd year and have exams. the pressure is too much, i constantly feel like crying all the time and i cant express this to anyone. we also have in person exams which i find unbearable to see other people discuss their answers.
I would suggest though to feel better is to have at least an hour of sleep and relaxation/meditation (this works for me) during the day since it would take your mind off. Also, there is always light at the end of the tunnel and there is a positive plan in everyone's life that will eventually happen. Hope it helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending