The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

University of Sheffield Student- Questions about University

Hi Everyone :smile:
My name is Sofia and I am currently a 3rd Year Biochemistry Student at the University of Sheffield. I know a lot of you will currently be trying to decide your university choices! Feel free to ask me any questions you may have about university life, accommodation choices and picking a university etc.
Sofia
Original post by University of Sheffield Students
My name is Sofia and I am currently a 3rd Year Biochemistry Student at the University of Sheffield. I know a lot of you will currently be trying to decide your university choices! Feel free to ask me any questions you may have about university life, accommodation choices and picking a university etc.
Sofia
hi, I've got a question about accommodation. when I visited last year I saw a flat in encliffe and it looked great, but I've seen a couple posts about halls here, including for millstone, which I'm looking at possibly. that post included a photo of the flat/kitchen that was pretty different and like worse than the stuff I'd visited on open day. However that post was from like ten years ago. So I was wondering if all the rooms have like idk been updated since, or are some/few/many/most still like this? and if so when booking accommodation is one able to tell which have and haven't been updated?

IMG_20240222_091119.jpg
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by someonedontask
hi, I've got a question about accommodation. when I visited last year I saw a flat in encliffe and it looked great, but I've seen a couple posts about halls here, including for millstone, which I'm looking at possibly. that post included a photo of the flat/kitchen that was pretty different and like worse than the stuff I'd visited on open day. However that post was from like ten years ago. So I was wondering if all the rooms have like idk been updated since, or are some/few/many/most still like this? and if so when booking accommodation is one able to tell which have and haven't been updated?

IMG_20240222_091119.jpg
Hi someonedontask,
Many of the flats have been refurbished in recent years. For example, I stayed in Froggatt in Endcliffe in 2021 and my flat had just been refurbished that summer, so was very new. I cannot comment on Millstone, as I have never been to any flats there. If this is something you are interested in knowing when picking your accommodation, I would recommend contacting the accommodation team: [email protected]
Hope this helps,
Sofia (3rd Year Biochemistry)
Original post by University of Sheffield Students
Sofia
Hey, I was just wondering if you know anything about the broad lane court accomodation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending