The Student Room Group

University application

Hello, I have 2 questions about my university application. I want to study computer science. I'm currently doing 5 A-levels: Pure math, Further math, Chemistry, Physics and Russian. My predicted grades are A,A*,A*,A*,A* . I'm applying to Imperial, UCL, Edinburgh, Birmingham ,Bristol. Is it safe list of universities or no, should I change Edinburgh to KCL. Is KCL good university for computer science? . Would it be ok if i drop physics after getting an offers since I'm really worried about getting A* in physics. How universities will send me an offer?. E/g: I should get A* in further math 2A* or 2A in any 4 subjects or they all will tell me that i should get A in pure math A* in further math A* in physics . Should i risk and add physics to my subject list?
Original post by Hamguy22
Would it be ok if i drop physics after getting an offers since I'm really worried about getting A* in physics. How universities will send me an offer?. E/g: I should get A* in further math 2A* or 2A in any 4 subjects or they all will tell me that i should get A in pure math A* in further math A* in physics . Should i risk and add physics to my subject list?

Wait and see what offers you get. Then contact those choices once you know your offer conditions and (presuming you can still meet your offer in full) say "I'm thinking of dropping physics, could you confirm whether my offer would still stand?". Then you can decide whether it's worth dropping to focus on the others. 5 AL is a big workload and not required anywhere.

The respective uni websites should show you their typical offers including subject requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending