The Student Room Group

Masters advice

How many master’s programmes can you apply to at once? Is it like Undergrad where you can only pick 5?
Original post by Confusionn
How many master’s programmes can you apply to at once? Is it like Undergrad where you can only pick 5?

For Masters you usually apply directly to the university itself. Some may have a limit as to how many courses you can apply to at the same faculty, but otherwise there is no limit beyond how many application fees you want to pay.
Reply 2
How much is the typical application fee?
Hey @Confusionn

As mentioned you can apply to multiple universities and you apply directly to the university for the course you want to do (no central UCAS system). The application process can be different from one university to another so worth spending some time looking into the processes!

Find a Masters recommend limiting to "three or four applications as the application process can be time-consuming and you should be careful not to overstretch yourself."

In terms of an application fee this will often depend on the University, for example at the University of Leicester there is no application fee.

Again, Find A Masters have written that "Most universities in the UK don’t charge fees for postgraduate applications. Several of the most competitive institutions do charge an application fee, however. For those universities with application fees, the amount can range between £25 and £75 per programme."

I hope that helps answer your question! Always happy to answer more :smile:

-Alisha (UK Recruitment Officer, Postgraduate) and Leicester Alumni!
Original post by Confusionn
How much is the typical application fee?

As above, this will vary from uni to uni. It could be anywhere from £0 to £75. Hard to say what's typical as I don't know how many don't charge, I would say £50-70 for those that do though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending