The Student Room Group

How are some people getting offers already?

I've seen on reddit that people have offers already!? Do unis give out offers whenever (e.g as soon as they've read your application) or do they collate everything and compare applications between candidates. I know the early offers come because they've applied before the 16th.
It varies from course to course. Some will start straight away, others wait until Jan/Feb to even start. Ultimately, they have until May in most cases.

Unis do not 'run out' of places at this stage, so don't stress no matter what you see going on elsewhere.
Original post by ThatKid777
I've seen on reddit that people have offers already!? Do unis give out offers whenever (e.g as soon as they've read your application) or do they collate everything and compare applications between candidates. I know the early offers come because they've applied before the 16th.

Hi there!

I'm glad to hear that you are applying for university!

All applications are reviewed on an individual basis, so there should be no need to worry. I know it can be hard seeing others receiving offers when you haven't, but that is not a reflection on you! Receiving an offer differs from university to university and course to course, so just try and distract yourself and be patient.

I hope you hear back soon :smile:

Estelle
Graduate Advocate
Original post by ThatKid777

It depends on the university and course applied to. Some universities have more applicants than spaces and will delay replying until after the equal consideration deadline. Other will know they are not going to fill their places and end up in extra or clearing. These will make offers to students who meet their criteria.
Reply 4
Our school hasn't even sent off our applications yet. Mine was finished the beginning of October so it's really annoying. I know there's equal consideration till January but it's still frustrating when other people are getting offers and your application is not even submitted yet.
Original post by JackSan123
Our school hasn't even sent off our applications yet. Mine was finished the beginning of October so it's really annoying. I know there's equal consideration till January but it's still frustrating when other people are getting offers and your application is not even submitted yet.

Try not to worry about it. As previously said universities dont run out of offers. The reality is that for most courses and most universities they dont fill their spaces by the January deadline and end up in extra. You will not be disadvantaged provided ucas received your application by then. The reason schools set earlier deadlines is to allow things like references to be completed and the application sent in time,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending