The Student Room Group

Im not sure what to do with my life.

ttt
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by dhghdfjhjghjf
I have passions in everything. I love science, IT, philosophy, i can take interest in pretty much anything. not to say im that good at them but it feels like its all best suited to hobbies instead of actual careers. I dont like learning about the same thing for long periods of time. The idea of Uni is attractive but not because of the learning material or the grades but the social aspect i feel i am missing out on if there is such thing. I like the idea of trading stocks for a living because i would get to work for myself and earn money from home but trading successfully is extremely difficult and im not sure if could crack it. I feel like whatever is choose i will always regret because i can never know where the other options would lead.How do i choose?

Do what you think will make you money and you can do with your skills, whether that's your passion or not.
Original post by dhghdfjhjghjf
I have passions in everything. I love science, IT, philosophy, i can take interest in pretty much anything. not to say im that good at them but it feels like its all best suited to hobbies instead of actual careers. I dont like learning about the same thing for long periods of time. The idea of Uni is attractive but not because of the learning material or the grades but the social aspect i feel i am missing out on if there is such thing. I like the idea of trading stocks for a living because i would get to work for myself and earn money from home but trading successfully is extremely difficult and im not sure if could crack it. I feel like whatever is choose i will always regret because i can never know where the other options would lead.How do i choose?

You might really enjoy a compsci + philosophy degree! I also have a wide range of interests but I’ve ended up applying for Classical archeology and Ancient history or Ancient history + Theology because they’re a great mix of my interests. For now do what you find interesting because just by gaining a degree you’ll have opened a lot of doors that would have be closed without it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending