The Student Room Group

what are good shows to watch?

Scroll to see replies

The Haunting of Hill House (Mini Series) - amazing!
Original post by -Eirlys-
It's hard to explain because the storyline is so intricate and complex (yet easy to follow), but it largely revolves around the ability to move your soul into another person's body (Alchemy of Souls), but this is a banned practice as it's dark magic and because it can lead to bad consequences. It's a magical land, with different factions and leading mages. At the heart of it is obviously a love story but everything else around the love story is also just as interesting. All the characters are really good, the acting is really good and there's a lot of comical moments too. I recommend watching the first episode to see what you think, but I was hooked after 5 minutes and I made my mum watch it and now we're obsessed. :lol:

you have convinced me! I am DEFFO going to watch this-
Original post by 5hyl33n
Dynasty.

I was thinking about watching this one
Original post by emmyisthebest01
you have convinced me! I am DEFFO going to watch this-

Let me know what you think! But I know you won't be disappointed. :P
Original post by Cote1
It is fascinating. Last episode very good.

Can't respond of course without spoiling it!Cryptic much:wink:
Reply 45
I want to start a new tv show!
here are some i have already watched:
- greys anatomy
- the good doctor
- chicago med (just started)
- gossip girl
- jane the virgin
-power
- vampire diaries
- modern family
- the summer i turned pretty
-a bunch of kdramas all the classics (weightlifting fairy, boys over flowers,
penthouse, crash landing on you etc)
- miss marvel
- prison break
and some more that i can't remember for the life of me
currently watching: game of thrones ( bit late i know)

Try shadow and bone if you are into mystery!
Original post by Mmdee
Try shadow and bone if you are into mystery!

I agree
- greys anatomy
- the good doctor
- gossip girl
- jane the virgin
-power
- vampire diaries
- modern family
- miss marvel
- prison break

If you like doctor series, I recommend you House MD and Scrubs. Brooklyn 99 and Lucifer are another series you shall not missed. The other series I know are obviously too old for you.
You have really good taste in shows. Prison break is sooo good

Pretty little liars
IZombie
Power
The walking dead
Family guy (if you like dark humour)
The 100
- greys anatomy
- the good doctor
- gossip girl
- jane the virgin
-power
- vampire diaries
- modern family
- miss marvel
- prison break

sex/life
Reply 50
This Country
Gilmore girls 100%. i dont know if you're british but i wrote about it in my personal statement for uni i love it so much (applied for film and tv).

also the traitors is a good shout, you'll soon be sucked in to the madness. and i love claudia, bbc iplayer

derry girls - funny, poignant, great accents, good episode length, channel 4

misfits - first couple seasons are gold, bit mad tho i still love it, channel 4

the good place - again, whacky but great, surprisingly deep moments, great acting, netflix

umbrella academy - persevere thru first few eps, one of my fave ever shows, great soundtrack, brilliant cast, netflix

russian doll - created by and stars natasha lyonne, its so intricate its great, season 2 is new out, yet to watch but loved s1 - netflix

sex education - it deserves the hype, actors are brilliant, you grow to love all the characters, its a raunchy and truly great show - netflix

if you want something shorter:

crashing - by phoebe waller bridge and its hilarious, left me longing for more - netflix

friends from college - entertaining, wish it had more seasons so it could develop the characters - netflix

i am not okay with this - cancelled because of covid but so beloved by fans, its teen, thriller / horror ish honestly such a good one - netflix

also how to get away with murder. a lot more serious than most of my other recs. its gripping and brilliant. viola davis is impeccable - netflix

for anyone who doesnt want to sign up to or pay for a thing, ive been watching a crazy show on yt from 2004.
shattered - a contest where a group of people try not to fall asleep for about a week. have to see it to believe it - youtube

sorry for the looong post. im in love with tv.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by elletheresa
Gilmore girls 100%. i dont know if you're british but i wrote about it in my personal statement for uni i love it so much (applied for film and tv).

also the traitors is a good shout, you'll soon be sucked in to the madness. and i love claudia, bbc iplayer

derry girls - funny, poignant, great accents, good episode length, channel 4

misfits - first couple seasons are gold, bit mad tho i still love it, channel 4

the good place - again, whacky but great, surprisingly deep moments, great acting, netflix

umbrella academy - persevere thru first few eps, one of my fave ever shows, great soundtrack, brilliant cast, netflix

russian doll - created by and stars natasha lyonne, its so intricate its great, season 2 is new out, yet to watch but loved s1 - netflix

sex education - it deserves the hype, actors are brilliant, you grow to love all the characters, its a raunchy and truly great show - netflix

if you want something shorter:

crashing - by phoebe waller bridge and its hilarious, left me longing for more - netflix

friends from college - entertaining, wish it had more seasons so it could develop the characters - netflix

i am not okay with this - cancelled because of covid but so beloved by fans, its teen, thriller / horror ish honestly such a good one - netflix

also how to get away with murder. a lot more serious than most of my other recs. its gripping and brilliant. viola davis is impeccable - netflix

for anyone who doesnt want to sign up to or pay for a thing, ive been watching a crazy show on yt from 2004.
shattered - a contest where a group of people try not to fall asleep for about a week. have to see it to believe it - youtube

sorry for the looong post. im in love with tv.

i love gg. which team are u in? jess/dean/logan???
Original post by j3ssica jon3s
i love gg. which team are u in? jess/dean/logan???

team jess 100%. what about you?
Original post by elletheresa
team jess 100%. what about you?

ive watched the show 2 times now. the first watch it was jess 100% but on rewatch idk if i like logan or jess better. but we can all agree that dean was annoying lol
- greys anatomy
- the good doctor
- gossip girl
- jane the virgin
-power
- vampire diaries
- modern family
- miss marvel
- prison break

hi
if you liked jane the virgin, try never have I ever on netflix. Comedy and romance with a funny narrator too
- greys anatomy
- the good doctor
- gossip girl
- jane the virgin
-power
- vampire diaries
- modern family
- miss marvel
- prison break

big bang theory, miranda, never have i ever, business' proposal(kdrama), attack on titian
Reply 57
Has anyone tried watching 6/45 ? If anyone's into comedy
Original post by TomokoRainMaker
big bang theory, miranda, never have i ever, business' proposal(kdrama), attack on titian

Just finished watching Attack on titans, and gosh! i think I have found a new favourite?! I was never really into anime but people really did give it the hype it deserved.
Just finished watching Attack on titans, and gosh! i think I have found a new favourite?! I was never really into anime but people really did give it the hype it deserved.

you should watch the anime erased. ive only watched one anime and this was was pretty great

Quick Reply

Latest