The Student Room Group

I can't stop cheating

No matter how hard I try, I cant stop cheating on my boyfriend I have been with for almost a year (It's gonna be a year in less den a month). My heart doesn't want to do it but my head keeps telling me to do it because I don't know how to be loyal and to not cheat. I don't know what to do..

Scroll to see replies

End the relationship and take some time out to work on your self esteem.
Leave him then you won’t be cheating anymore. It’s what is best for him.
Original post by Anonymous
No matter how hard I try, I cant stop cheating on my boyfriend I have been with for almost a year (It's gonna be a year in less den a month). My heart doesn't want to do it but my head keeps telling me to do it because I don't know how to be loyal and to not cheat. I don't know what to do..

Leave him before he finds out himself. I've been cheated on and it hurt

Why can't you just be single and sleep around?
"I can't" - yes, yes you can. It's a choice and quite frankly, you are just making bad ones and hurting the people around you.
why not just end things .. ?
Original post by Serene Dreams
"I can't" - yes, yes you can. It's a choice and quite frankly, you are just making bad ones and hurting the people around you.

Actions speak louder than words, you clearly don't love your boyfriend as much as you think you do
It’s nearly 2023 don’t worry

Short term - If you have any respect for him at all, I'd suggest you break up with him. I've been cheated on before and it hurts like **** so don't make it any worse (him finding out is worse than you telling him).

Long term - If you really feel that you cannot commit to one person so matter how hard you try, see a therapist or someone similar to see if you can get past that to build a meaningful relationship in the future, as these problems don't tend to disappear unless you work on it. I know there is a but of a stigma around this but this could help. You miss all the shots you don't take.

Ultimately it's up to you, but don't keep pulling on the heartstrings of the poor guy unless you plan on working on it. Hope it works out
I'm calling troll the OP hasnt replied since making the thread what you reckon @ageshallnot
Did your dad leave to buy milk only to never return?
Actions speak louder than words, you clearly don't love your boyfriend as much as you think you do

Why did you quote me lmao

Oh, if you don't want him you should just not tell him and break up with him.
Cheating hurts.
Original post by Serene Dreams
Why did you quote me lmao

Sorry quoted you by accident
Sorry quoted you by accident

Oh okay : )

admit and break up with him. simple. you're disgusting

This might sound like a mean decision,but you should break up with him,tell him that it’s not working out. If you can’t keep a single relationship in a good state then don’t continue with it. It’s not that hard,you clearly don’t love him

you say "i cant stop" as though you have no choice BUT to cheat. no one is forcing you to cheat. if you felt as bad as you say, you wouldn't keep doing it. if you dont know how to be loyal, break up with him. tell him you've been cheating, and if he wants to, you both can work things out. but only if you're willing to try and change. work on yourself. if you keep getting into relationships, you'll continue hurting the ppl you say you love. you're clearly struggling with something, maybe being in a relationship isnt what you need right now. dont string him along. the longer you do, the more likely he'll be to resent you. though, it has been almost a year, unless he's a REALLY good guy, your are gonna face some resentment. expect it. by waiting this long youve brought it upon yourself.
Break up. Sleep around until you feel like you're done with that kinda life and then look for a relationship. Don't rush this process, just let it do its thing naturally. Best to tell him you've cheated, so he can improve on himself sex-wise if he didn't satisfy you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending