The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Science extended degree

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi I’m currently doing the science extended degree and for those who are interested in this degree, I will provide a description of the course.
The course is intense, in my opinion it is like A-levels. There’s a lot of different modules, ranging from the sciences to essay skills and even office skills (using Microsoft excel etc). There’s also a decent amount of lab work. I’d recommend to stay on top of it from the start (make your notes from the start). You have plenty of opportunities to gain marks from quizzes and lab reports so take advantage of that. Try to start assignments early because then you can even request feedback since most people leave assignments till the last minute. You also have to do 1/2 presentations where you perform in front of your tutorial group (around 30 people) but it’s not too bad you only speak for around 2 minutes. There are 250+ people in my course and the places for optometry and pharmacy are limited so I’d advise to speak to admissions tutors about the places available for upcoming years as they are subject to change. Bare in mind, you are paying £9k, and may even take out a maintenance loan, so unless you are serious don’t waste your time and money on this course. I think it’s a good opportunity and a second chance if you didn’t meet the requirements initially at college.

How difficult would you say it is to get 80%
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending