The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Motorbikes at Uni of York

Applying for chemistry starting September 2023, wondering if anyone has any experience keeping a 125 on campus / at their college, like whether you're tethered to M/C bays only or so long as its not "in the way" nobody really bothers you as I've seen some other people discuss. I don't really want to sell it so any shared info/experiences appreciated!
Original post by TFallon184
Applying for chemistry starting September 2023, wondering if anyone has any experience keeping a 125 on campus / at their college, like whether you're tethered to M/C bays only or so long as its not "in the way" nobody really bothers you as I've seen some other people discuss. I don't really want to sell it so any shared info/experiences appreciated!

Hi there,

That's great to hear that you're considering studying at York!

You can park your motorbike for free on campus at any of the motorbike parking bays even ones in staff car parks. The locations of motorbike parking bays are on this website. I know this website says “staff”, but the motorbike parking places aren’t listed on the student equivalent of this website!

As motorcycle parking is free on campus, technically you don't need a permit. However, some people apply for a parking permit which is also free just so they receive updates on car park closures etc.

I hope this helps! Hannah 😄
University of York
York

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending