The Student Room Group

Midwifery in Scotland applicants

Hi, is anyone applying to Midwifery in Scotland? Have you received any interviews yet? I have received one from RGU which I am so so happy about. Anyone heard from anyone else?
Hey! I had an interview with RGU a week ago! Hate waiting for a reply! When is your interview x
Original post by RJMilney
Hey! I had an interview with RGU a week ago! Hate waiting for a reply! When is your interview x

Don't panic okay as you'll soon here from them.

Just remember that they are dealing with thousands upon thousands of application and then notify any potential students for interviews.
There is only about 250 midwifing places for the whole three universities in Scotland that offer midwifing degrees - Napier is about 95 places, UWS is about 75 places and RGU with about 80 places - this is very difficult to achieve from the amount of applications each year as the amount of places isn't really enough but this is how they do it.

I was about 6 weeks after my interview before I knew I had a place at Napier and I am about 3.5 years qualified.

Hopefully you'll get notified very soon regarding any offers.......
Original post by Niamh MacInnes
Hi, is anyone applying to Midwifery in Scotland? Have you received any interviews yet? I have received one from RGU which I am so so happy about. Anyone heard from anyone else?

Hey! Did you hear back from your interview? x
Hey, yeah I did! I actually heard back from RGU the day after my interview!!! I’ve got a conditional from them so I’m so excited as RGU is my top choice! Have you heard back from anyone yet? :smile: xx
Hey, yeah I did! I actually heard back from RGU the day after my interview!!! I’ve got a conditional from them so I’m so excited as RGU is my top choice! Have you heard back from anyone yet? :smile: xx

Awww amazing!!!! I’m in a group chat on Facebook with 15 other girls who have offers or unconditionals! If you wanted to join😍!! Yes, I only applied to RGU and I had a conditional but I met my conditions already so I have a confirmed space now! Can’t wait to meet at start of course!! xx
Awh brilliant! Well done!! I’d love to join that group, what’s it called? My friend has an unconventional for RGU for midwifery too so I’m sure she’d love to join also! This is so exciting, can’t wait to meet everyon! Xx

Awww amazing!!!! I’m in a group chat on Facebook with 15 other girls who have offers or unconditionals! If you wanted to join😍!! Yes, I only applied to RGU and I had a conditional but I met my conditions already so I have a confirmed space now! Can’t wait to meet at start of course!! xx
Awh brilliant! Well done!! I’d love to join that group, what’s it called? My friend has an unconventional for RGU for midwifery too so I’m sure she’d love to join also! This is so exciting, can’t wait to meet everyon! Xx

I sent you a message! Also join the group “RGU midwifery 23’ cohort” and kym can also add you to chat if you couldn’t find my profile! Once in group
Just create a post saying you want added to chat! I can also add you and then you can add your friend in as everyone is an admin! The girls are amazing it’s such a great group! We all talk like everyday it’s really nice xx

I’ve added you to the chat now♥️ congratulations to you too realised I never said😂🙈!! welcome to the group xx
omgg i’m so scared!! i had my interview back in february and i still have not heard back but everyone around me have heard back but it’s a mix of acceptance and rejection so i’m so close to crying everyday cause rgu is my top choice and it’s the only one i am yet to hear back from…
Original post by Emalilly22
omgg i’m so scared!! i had my interview back in february and i still have not heard back but everyone around me have heard back but it’s a mix of acceptance and rejection so i’m so close to crying everyday cause rgu is my top choice and it’s the only one i am yet to hear back from…

Hello! I’m sorry you’re still waiting to hear back I can imagine how stressful that is! The wait is horrible but you’re still in the running no news should be treated as good news until proven otherwise!!! Have you applied/recieved offers elsewhere? A few girls in our group are still waiting to hear back from RGU some have heard but are waiting for UWS so you’re defo not alone! You’re welcome to join our Facebook/Whatsapp group! The Facebook has everyone applying to diffferent places including RGU! It’s called RGU midwives cohort 23’

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1208327523290959/?ref=sharehttps://m.facebook.com/groups/1208327523290959/?ref=share&exp=9594

Hope you can join! I’ll add you into the chat ♥️
Original post by Emalilly22

Hello, I was told during my interview that if you still haven't heard back, you still have a chance. And that could be right until August because some applicants who were given conditional offers would not have met the conditions. So hang in there 😊
Original post by Nesian18
Hello, I was told during my interview that if you still haven't heard back, you still have a chance. And that could be right until August because some applicants who were given conditional offers would not have met the conditions. So hang in there 😊

This is true☺️🙌 have you heard back? x
This is true☺️🙌 have you heard back? x

Yes, I heard back from them 2 days after my interview in December last year with a conditional offer x
Yes, I heard back from them 2 days after my interview in December last year with a conditional offer x

Aww that’s amazing congratulations!! defo a great feeling, are you in our WhatsApp group? X

You'll certainly here long before August because it takes time for your bursary to sort out and your university fees to be sent to your chosen university, plus you'll have to perhaps attend a occupational health assessment and get your DBS ( PVG In Scotland) done before you can start your midwife degree at beginning of September.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending