The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Urgent Assignment help

I’m in my first year in Salford and I’m doing computer science. I’ve been doing well in all my modules, but I have a problem with web dev module.
I know that I can give an assignment 7 days late for capped marks. And I submitted my web dev assignment 7 days late. (The next Friday when it was due)
My only issue is that the assignment was due at 16:00 originally. But I was checking my email and on blackboard it says that I submitted it at next Friday which is correct but it says it was submitted at 16:02 when I submitted at morning time. I guess that’s blackboard error?
Now, I am only worried that my assignment will be marked as non submission, as it’s been recorded that it has been submitted 7 days later, 2 min past the deadline.
It’s been hard to reach my lecturer Stephan by email.
My only hope is that anyone official from here can help me out.
I have worked very hard towards my assignment. And I really can’t afford to fail this module.
Please someone official reassure me about this.. I am panicking about this.
Thankyou…
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Zentor
I’m in my first year in Salford and I’m doing computer science. I’ve been doing well in all my modules, but I have a problem with web dev module.
I know that I can give an assignment 7 days late for capped marks. And I submitted my web dev assignment 7 days late. (The next Friday when it was due)
My only issue is that the assignment was due at 16:00 originally. But I was checking my email and on blackboard it says that I submitted it at next Friday which is correct but it says it was submitted at 16:02 when I submitted at morning time. I guess that’s blackboard error?
Now, I am only worried that my assignment will be marked as non submission, as it’s been recorded that it has been submitted 7 days later, 2 min past the deadline.
I have worked very hard towards my assignment. And I really can’t afford to fail this module.
Thankyou…

Do you have any proof / evidence that you handed in the assignment in the morning, or are you just expecting them to take your word for it?

If you have proof / evidence, you should be fine. Otherwise, not so much. :frown:

(Caveat: not "someone official")
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Do you have any proof / evidence that you handed in the assignment in the morning, or are you just expecting them to take your word for it?

If you have proof / evidence, you should be fine. Otherwise, not so much. :frown:

(Caveat: not "someone official")

What evidence can I give? I don’t make any videos before submitting my work… all I know is that I woke up at morning especially to give my work and then I went back to sleep.
They only thing I can think of is making looking at your browser history (I'm not sure what blackboard is, probably homework website), but showing you were on it when you said you were might help?

And showing on your browser history that you weren't on it at the time it says (16:02). Obviously you can delete history on browsers but still could be a option if they want proof.
Reply 4
Original post by alanb21
They only thing I can think of is making looking at your browser history (I'm not sure what blackboard is, probably homework website), but showing you were on it when you said you were might help?

And showing on your browser history that you weren't on it at the time it says (16:02). Obviously you can delete history on browsers but still could be an option if they want proof.

I’ve had a look at it, and my browsing history doesn’t go as back as when I uploaded the work. I uploaded the work on 16th of December. And my browsing history goes up to 20 December unfortunately.
Original post by Zentor
I’ve had a look at it, and my browsing history doesn’t go as back as when I uploaded the work. I uploaded the work on 16th of December. And my browsing history goes up to 20 December unfortunately.

Is there any chance you can remember what you were doing at 16:02 that day? If you can find some way to show that you cant have uploaded it at 16:02, then in demonstrates that Blackboard must be wrong about the upload time.
I just had another thought. You said earlier that...
Original post by Zentor
I was checking my email and on blackboard it says that I submitted it at next Friday which is correct but it says it was submitted at 16:02 when I submitted at morning time.

I assume this email was from Blackboard, right? Is it effectively a "upload confirmation" email, which it produced within a few minutes of the upload occurring? If so, what time was the email sent. (I assume the 16:02 was within the email message itself.) If you're really lucky, the confirmation email was sent before 16:00, which proves that Blackboard is wrong about its 16:02 time.

The only other thing I can think of is to contact whatever IT support team would be responsible for handling any issues with Blackboard, and asking them to check if there were any logged issues on the date in question. Perhaps they have a record of "Blackboard server rebooted because uploaded assignments were all stuck in a queue." Perhaps.
Original post by Zentor
Thankyou…

Hi @Zentor,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this one - I think the best thing for you to do is to call our IT department on 0161 295 2444.

They have a 'blackboard support' option so, if you select that option, you should get through to someone best placed to talk to you on this! I'd recommend having things like your student ID number to hand (the one starting @00...) and the email confirmation you've been sent. They should know if there are any issues with the site regarding timings etc. and hopefully will be able to work out some next steps for you.

I hope this helps - and all the best,

Rowan
- University of Salford Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending