The Student Room Group

URGENT! UNI Minor Offence Hearing

I have been invited to a meeting at university and would like some advice urgently. How do I prove I'm innocent. In the email they've sent a copy of my work and the person's work I allegedly copied but I didn't.
Reply 1
Original post by Partyanimal123
I have been invited to a meeting at university and would like some advice urgently. How do I prove I'm innocent. In the email they've sent a copy of my work and the person's work I allegedly copied but I didn't.

Speak to student union - presumably you have your work saved to prove it's your work?
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
Speak to student union - presumably you have your work saved to prove it's your work?

Am I allowed to say I used online resources and took inspiration from another website to write my assignment ( which was to create a lesson plan)
Reply 3
Am I allowed to say I used online resources and took inspiration from another website to write my assignment ( which was to create a lesson plan)

Yes if you put that in your references.
I need to write a statement too. My insta is lena123xox if I can get some help please

Sooo... You want someone to help you prove that you didn't get help with your submitted work... 🤔
Reply 5
Original post by ageshallnot
Sooo... You want someone to help you prove that you didn't get help with your submitted work... 🤔

I obviously used the internet to get information and help from. Im just asking for advice as I don't know what documents I need to prove I'm innocent as its hard
I obviously used the internet to get information and help from. Im just asking for advice as I don't know what documents I need to prove I'm innocent as its hard

Your research notes on the material, drafts of the paper you submitted etc to document the process you went through to create it would be a good start. Something to prove what you did when.
Reply 7
Is this okay for a statement

Statement :

I used a website to take inspiration for my lesson plan and rationale and did not reference and i can see that i did not paraphrase accurately which I understand why its been flagged up. Also tutor has stated that it's similar to another students work but I do not know anyone from other years apart from olivia as many pieces of her work has been posted on moodle and shown in class as a WAGOLL [ what a good one looks like ].
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 8

Statement :

I used a website to take inspiration for my lesson plan and rationale and did not reference and i can see that i did not paraphrase accurately which I understand why its been flagged up. Also tutor has stated that it's similar to another students work but I do not know anyone from other years apart from olivia as many pieces of her work has been posted on moodle and shown in class as a WAGOLL [ what a good one looks like ].

Run past student union.
(edited 10 months ago)
Not referencing? Swear universities have a module within first year which goes through all of this.

Statement :

I used a website to take inspiration for my lesson plan and rationale and did not reference and i can see that i did not paraphrase accurately which I understand why its been flagged up.

I have certainly seen cases where students "borrowed" / failed to properly reference material from the same source independently. That may be part of the problem here, particularly if the source is in the 1st three google hits for the subject area.
Don't sweat it, if you are 1st year, you will get a telling-off. Very common in 1st year of study, people plagiarise without realising it. You will get a 0 for the coursework and be asked to resubmit.

It will go on your file, so more severe measures may be taken if you to it again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending