The Student Room Group

Royal Navy Eye sight

I just had an appointment at the opticians where they filled in a form and one of the requirements is having 6/60 both eyes or <6/60 one eye.

Both my eyes are 6/120. I am wondering if there are anyways to be able to continue with my application or is this the end of the journey.

Are there roles in the Royal Navy that can have different eye sight requirements or are they all the same?

My meridians are -4.75 -4.5 which is above the requirement.

My corrected vision is 6/6.

Are there roles in any of the armed forces that allow me to have that vision?
Reply 1
Do some more checks you’ll be fine. I’m at uni now however I did a class one medical exam to go to flight school. And I have defective colour visions I can still apply but only daytime operations. Better seeing a medical optometrist
Reply 2
Hi

Did you hear back following your eye test? Was it end of the road after being 6/120 in both eyes?

Original post by sam13350
I just had an appointment at the opticians where they filled in a form and one of the requirements is having 6/60 both eyes or <6/60 one eye.

Both my eyes are 6/120. I am wondering if there are anyways to be able to continue with my application or is this the end of the journey.

Are there roles in the Royal Navy that can have different eye sight requirements or are they all the same?

My meridians are -4.75 -4.5 which is above the requirement.

My corrected vision is 6/6.

Are there roles in any of the armed forces that allow me to have that vision?

Quick Reply

Latest