The Student Room Group

What music do you listen to when studying?

Hey, everyone! Long term lurker first time posting, so please be gentle. When I’m stressed studying, sometimes I listen to lofi girl. What music do you listen to? Lately I’ve been getting into ambient videos.

Scroll to see replies

chill kpop songs, mostly bts
Original post by studyinqpeachy
chill kpop songs, mostly bts

You waffling, angry birds and Bloonds TD6 theme slaps
Reply 3
Am I the only one who thinks kpop is silly :tongue:
Songs in slowed versions
Original post by ambersage
Am I the only one who thinks kpop is silly :tongue:

its only silly if you make it silly
Reply 6
Two of my friends listen to BTS and like them a lot....like almost fanatical. I got them into chilled out music too, so they are balanced. Have you heard of Jazz Hop Cafe before? I zone out to them. There was this cool space video that showed up in my youtube suggestions yesterday. Let me see if I can find it.
Reply 7
Original post by Riotriot
Songs in slowed versions

found it...its called intergalactic space cruise by kesslr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjq8364xzIE
Reply 8
Original post by BigManWallo
You waffling, angry birds and Bloonds TD6 theme slaps

What level of angry birds are you on? found it...its called intergalactic space cruise by kesslr
(edited 1 year ago)
What level of angry birds are you on? found it...its called intergalactic space cruise by kesslr

100% complete of course. It's my reason to live. Another banger is Curious George theme. Word on the street is its @studyinqpeachy favorite
jazz
Original post by BigManWallo
100% complete of course. It's my reason to live. Another banger is Curious George theme. Word on the street is its @studyinqpeachy favorite

k.
I have everything I own on shuffle.
I listen to mostly metal. But when it comes to studying I usually listen to slower or ballad type of stuff depends on the band.
- Erra has some really pretty songs that I find to be really calming. Especially on their self-titled album that they recently released.

Or I also like kpop and k hip hop / R&B
DPR Ian, Dean, and Jay Park usually my go-tos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toKGy4a6_Ro

This type of music has scientific research to show it can get yo a$$ to focus so I use it all the time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toKGy4a6_Ro

Is my ambient go to to be honest
Reply 16
Hey, everyone! Long term lurker first time posting, so please be gentle. When I’m stressed studying, sometimes I listen to lofi girl. What music do you listen to? Lately I’ve been getting into ambient videos.

I use Pomodoro videos and they usually include calming music in the background.
I literally cannot focus if anyone so much as breathes next to me. If I had music on I would just be vibing instead of revising
Relaxing music to calm down with stress and to get a new focus on learning.

Classic music for studying, follow me!
A variety.
I find that I don't need to listen to particularly relaxing music to focus so anything that I'd normally listen to. I.e. rock, metal, black metal, punk, gothic, funk, prog, psychedelic.
The last few days I've mostly been listening to Russian/ex-Soviet new wave/synth stuff like Kino.
Just before that I was listening to late 60s/early 70s prog/psychedelia.

Quick Reply

Latest