The Student Room Group

Uni choices!

Hi guys - long story short ive had a messed up last two years lol

im applying to brighton to do an msci in biological sciences, and also like uea for a foundation year bsc in biological sciences

my school promotes uea a lot more and a lot of us hold it as a better uni than brighton, but is it better to do an msci at a 'lower' uni but come out with an msci so i can go straight into phd/ research etc or go to a uni ranked 'better' but only come out with a bsc

to be honest the aim is to get into a russel house uni but im not getting my hopes up for it lmao just want a bit of advice cos my ucas advisor kinda just says you figure it and that imma fail anyway lol - im probs gonna go through clearing or adjustment later but i wanna have an idea of what to do with my options NOW yknow?
Original post by beepbeepboop123
Hi guys - long story short ive had a messed up last two years lol

im applying to brighton to do an msci in biological sciences, and also like uea for a foundation year bsc in biological sciences

my school promotes uea a lot more and a lot of us hold it as a better uni than brighton, but is it better to do an msci at a 'lower' uni but come out with an msci so i can go straight into phd/ research etc or go to a uni ranked 'better' but only come out with a bsc

to be honest the aim is to get into a russel house uni but im not getting my hopes up for it lmao just want a bit of advice cos my ucas advisor kinda just says you figure it and that imma fail anyway lol - im probs gonna go through clearing or adjustment later but i wanna have an idea of what to do with my options NOW yknow?

I would say just in terms of funding a course that gives you a Msi is tempting as loan for Masters is pitiful.Uea is a better ranked uni but is it for biological sciences.It is a pity this is being posted today as it is UCAS deadline,but you could put in a late application.
Check out course rankings on UCAS and other tables.
Original post by Scotney
I would say just in terms of funding a course that gives you a Msi is tempting as loan for Masters is pitiful.Uea is a better ranked uni but is it for biological sciences.It is a pity this is being posted today as it is UCAS deadline,but you could put in a late application.
Check out course rankings on UCAS and other tables.

yeah this is what im thinking, i dont really think imma be able to get the funds for my masters... ive already handed in my application - applied to exeter, royal holloway, uea, brighton, and surrey. uea is better overall AND in bio though... im really clinging to exeter but even though i have the grades in my HL subjects, my overall points in the IB diploma are 1 point off. ive sent in my extenuating circumstances but yeah,,, all the others are foundation years cos im a scaredy cat apart from brighton which is obviously an msci but if i have to choose between those on results day i want to start thinking about it NOW yknow? ill probs end up going through clearing but yeah thanks for the help though TT
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by beepbeepboop123
yeah this is what im thinking, i dont really think imma be able to get the funds for my masters... ive already handed in my application - applied to exeter, royal holloway, uea, brighton, and surrey. uea is better overall AND in bio though... im really clinging to exeter but even though i have the grades in my HL subjects, my overall points in the IB diploma are 1 point off. ive sent in my extenuating circumstances but yeah,,, all the others are foundation years cos im a scaredy cat apart from brighton which is obviously an msci but if i have to choose between those on results day i want to start thinking about it NOW yknow? ill probs end up going through clearing but yeah thanks for the help though TT

You could work for a year after uni and save up.Son did a research masters which is cheaper but if we had been better off thinks a regular masters might have been easier and taught him more.The research masters cost about 6000 and that was 6 yrs ago as opposed to 14500 taught.It was no barrier when it came to landing a PhD though both he and a friend doing same had no problem.Fingers crossed you get some offers to consider anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending