The Student Room Group

Queen Mary allowed Course change

Essentially I applied for Biological Science with Foundation at Queen Mary and got an Offer for DDD 2 months ago. I was interested in doing biomedical engineering and emailed them if I can switch to the Engineering with Foundation course which specie is that it only takes an Engineering BTEC. Keeping in mind I am doing applied Science national extended diploma and I am predicted 3D* they somehow let me onto the engineering course even though I dont do engineering. I can now see that they take BTEC computing only for their Computer science (3 year) course and the requirement is D* D* D. Is it worth it to ask to switch on to CS or am I pushing it.
Original post by StonePone
Essentially I applied for Biological Science with Foundation at Queen Mary and got an Offer for DDD 2 months ago. I was interested in doing biomedical engineering and emailed them if I can switch to the Engineering with Foundation course which specie is that it only takes an Engineering BTEC. Keeping in mind I am doing applied Science national extended diploma and I am predicted 3D* they somehow let me onto the engineering course even though I dont do engineering. I can now see that they take BTEC computing only for their Computer science (3 year) course and the requirement is D* D* D. Is it worth it to ask to switch on to CS or am I pushing it.

It can do no harm to ask, but you need to be prepared for them to say no. Their non-foundation (3 year) Computer Science course will be much more competitive (and demanding) than either Biological Science with a Foundation Year or Engineering with a Foundation Year.

However, before you ask them can I suggest that you take a thorough look through the courses they offer to ensure that this is the last course change you ask them to make. :wink:
tbh i do applied science cerificate and i mannaged to get into the engineering course too, if you dont get into cs i think its still good bc you can move onto doing great things with the foundation engineering- i wanna get into aersopace engineering after the foundation- at the same uni :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending