The Student Room Group

Biochemistry 2023 UCAS

Hi! Has anyone heard back from UCAS for Biochemistry and what uni's? Its been a week for me and no offers, but litch all my friends are getting like 2 & 3 offers already (not for biochem) !

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tsruserrrr
Hi! Has anyone heard back from UCAS for Biochemistry and what uni's? Its been a week for me and no offers, but litch all my friends are getting like 2 & 3 offers already (not for biochem) !

A week is nothing. There are applicants here in TSR who've been waiting months (literally) for decisions. Last year there were people who applied in October who didn't get a decision until May (although perhaps not for Biochemistry).

Different universities works at different places, as to the subject departments within those universities. So the fact that you're friends have received offers means nothing. (Other than perhaps the fact they they've applied to courses / universities which aren't very discriminating, and will make an offer to every applicant who meets the subject requirements.)

hi i applied for biochem and i’ve received offers from birmingham, bath, bristol and cardiff but still waiting on ucl. i sent off my application about 2 months ago but i wouldn’t worry if it’s only been a week since you’ve sent it. where have u applied to ?
Original post by miapetunia
hi i applied for biochem and i’ve received offers from birmingham, bath, bristol and cardiff but still waiting on ucl. i sent off my application about 2 months ago but i wouldn’t worry if it’s only been a week since you’ve sent it. where have u applied to ?

When did u get your Bristol offer?
Original post by Jessscorer
When did u get your Bristol offer?

i applied on 6/12 and got the offer on 20/12

I got my offer for Biochem at Manchester in November after submitting my UCAS in October. Still waiting on Imperial, Edinburgh, and St Andrews.
i applied on 6/12 and got the offer on 20/12

Ahhh I applied in October and was put on hold and still haven’t heard anything but will hopefully hear something soon

i have an offer from Leeds but am still waiting for Bristol imperial and Edinburgh
Reply 8
i applied at the end of november and still haven't heard from any of my 5 unis so I wouldn't stress. my choices were Imperial college, ucl, kcl, bath and bristol

Reply 9
congrats ! i’ve applied to liverpool, surrey, manchester, hull and keele :smile:
Waiting on Imperial. Has anyone heard yet? Thanks
Original post by Frangipani45!!

Seems like most people haven't heard back yet
Original post by Frangipani45!!

what other unis have u applied too???
i applied to imperial, bath, bristol, warwick and surrey on the 7th december and have an offer from surrey and warwick (which i literally only just got a few days ago) so i really wouldn't worry. some of my friends applied much later than me and already have almost all their offers so it must just be a thing with the biochem/life science departments being slower than others aha
Original post by sloth127
what other unis have u applied too???

Heard from Warwick for Biochem. Imperial would be great though.
congrats ! i’ve applied to liverpool, surrey, manchester, hull and keele :smile:

Original post by softwd
i applied to imperial, bath, bristol, warwick and surrey on the 7th december and have an offer from surrey and warwick (which i literally only just got a few days ago) so i really wouldn't worry. some of my friends applied much later than me and already have almost all their offers so it must just be a thing with the biochem/life science departments being slower than others aha

Hi there! Good luck for all your applications and congratulations on your offers. If you have any questions about Surrey, I study Biomedical Science which has a lot of crossover with Biochem (first year is identical and we take lots of the same modules in 2nd + 3rd year), so please let me know if you have any questions, I would be happy to help.

- Michelle :smile:
3rd year Biomedical Science student at Surrey
yea same im still waiting from imperial and kcl for biochem
Original post by sloth127
yea same im still waiting from imperial and kcl for biochem

Got my five offers. Went to Bath offer holder day and it confirmed what I already knew, firm, just going to visit Birm Ex and Warwick again to make an insurance choice, Notts out of the running,
Reply 18
Got offers from Manchester, York and Liverpool. Been on hold for biochem at Bristol since October…
Received my offer for Surrey! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending