The Student Room Group

Level BTEC Extended diploma Biomedical Science or Forensic Science

I have two options of btec to study biomedical science or forensic science but I don't know which will meet the criteria for a biochemistry degree
Original post by laymornade
I have two options of btec to study biomedical science or forensic science but I don't know which will meet the criteria for a biochemistry degree

Do you have specific universities in mind to study the biochemistry degree? It might be worth looking at their specific requirements to get an idea of the best course. I had a quick look at Manchester Uni's requirements for BTECs and it doesn't specify between the two you have mentioned, but refers to science in general: https://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/2023/00521/bsc-biochemistry/entry-requirements/#alternative-entry-requirements

I think the best thing to do is reach out to the universities you would like to apply to and have a chat with them :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by laymornade

i don’t think unis care which pathway you take in 2nd year but obviously taking the biomed pathway would be more useful compared to the forensic pathway for a biochem degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending