The Student Room Group

Electrical and electronic engineering

I have received offers from both Nottingham and Cardiff and is yet to hear
from Surrey and Sheffield. What are you thoughts on these places for the type of engineering that I want to do.
Original post by WGardiner
I have received offers from both Nottingham and Cardiff and is yet to hear
from Surrey and Sheffield. What are you thoughts on these places for the type of engineering that I want to do.

My thoughts is that they are all excellent universities. As for the type of Electrical Engineering they do you are the one that is going to study the subject and sit the exams. I would have a look at the course outline and decide upon which firstly gave me an offer and secondly appealed to me more. I would also try and visit the universities or atleast the city before finally making my overall decision. Also I may check out their research record for that subject. Bear in mind if they have someone of note, then that person might have move onto another university by the time you attend to do your Hon degree/Masters etc...
Good luck
Hi there, @WGardiner!

I'm happy to see you're considering Surrey :biggrin: We'd be happy to have you!

I'm incredibly proud to say that our campus is home to world-leading research centres such as the Surrey Space Centre and the 5G/6G Innovation Centre. You will be learning to solve real-world problems with academics experts in their field.

Our Electrical and Electronic Engineering degree is offered in both the BEng and MEng pathways and has been ranked a UK top ten course by the Guardian University Guide 2023. Graduates go on to work for top employers such as BAE Systems, Jaguar Land Rover, Intel, and many more.

Everything you need to know about this course can be found here!

As for Guildford, where University of Surrey is located, I personally really enjoy living here, as it's not as big, busy and noisy as other towns, but at the same time still has pretty much everything you need to enjoy life as a student. Whether it's parks, walks, shops, bars or nightclubs, Guildford has it (and so does our campus) :wink:

I hope this helps! We do have some upcoming Open Days, so it might be worth coming for a visit :smile: .

Open Day dates:
- Saturday 24th of June
- Saturday 9th of September (campus tours and non-course-specific talks)
- Saturday 7th October
- Saturday 14th of October
- Saturday 4th of November

Click here to book!

Marko
2nd Year Student in BSc Accounting and Finance
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest