The Student Room Group

ucl mechanical vs robotics and ai

I'm interested in pursuing career in robotics/mechatronics in the future but I don't know if I should apply for ucl mechanical engineering or ucl robotics and ai.

I looked at the modules for each course and it looks like only the "robotics and ai" has a lot of electronics/mechatronics modules whereas ucl mechanical engineering is mainly focused on mechanical stuff which is excpected.

I'm interested in mechanical engineering and electrical engineering somewhat equally. I like mechanical engineering only a bit more than electrical.

I want to learn both so should I apply for ucl "robotics and ai" or apply to "mechanical engineering" as it's more broad.

I saw for imperial mechanical engineering course they had a lot of electronics modules but it isn't like that for ucl mechanical engineering.

So what should I pick for ucl when applying?
Reply 1
Original post by mkwvgtfg
I'm interested in pursuing career in robotics/mechatronics in the future but I don't know if I should apply for ucl mechanical engineering or ucl robotics and ai.

I looked at the modules for each course and it looks like only the "robotics and ai" has a lot of electronics/mechatronics modules whereas ucl mechanical engineering is mainly focused on mechanical stuff which is excpected.

I'm interested in mechanical engineering and electrical engineering somewhat equally. I like mechanical engineering only a bit more than electrical.

I want to learn both so should I apply for ucl "robotics and ai" or apply to "mechanical engineering" as it's more broad.

I saw for imperial mechanical engineering course they had a lot of electronics modules but it isn't like that for ucl mechanical engineering.

So what should I pick for ucl when applying?

I'm on the same boat right now😂

Quick Reply

Latest