The Student Room Group

UCAS application question

I applied for uni through ucas but now I want to swap one choice for another one, until a few days ago it showed me the option to swap some choices but now I only have the option to withdraw an application. Can I apply in some other way or am I basically stuck? I know that if I am successful I could change my course within 7 days of my acceptance but I specifically want to apply to another uni that I didn't apply to
Original post by suziquatro
I applied for uni through ucas but now I want to swap one choice for another one, until a few days ago it showed me the option to swap some choices but now I only have the option to withdraw an application. Can I apply in some other way or am I basically stuck? I know that if I am successful I could change my course within 7 days of my acceptance but I specifically want to apply to another uni that I didn't apply to

Hi,
This may not be showing you the option to swap as the deadline for UCAS applications did close on the 25th of January. There is the option to apply through UCAS extra which opens on the 23rd of February but that is requiring you have either not been offered a place or declined all offers to your 5 University options as well as if the University you want to apply for is taking late applications for your course. If the choice you wanted to swap was the one you wanted as your firm there is also the option to wait until you have your results and apply through clearing, providing there is still places on this course and that you achieved the grades they are looking for, this is a good option. Although, if you accept an offer from a university through UCAS extra, you'll be expected to take up your place there and will be ineligible for Clearing, unless you fail to meet the grade requirements of the offer. You can find out more on UCAS extra and clearing here
https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/after-you-apply/types-offer/extra-choices
https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/results-confirmation-and-clearing/what-clearing
Good Luck! Hope this helps :smile:
- Malek
University of Kent Rep

Ucas allows you the chance to switch course choices but it’s only for a certain amount of time.

Hi that's because the period for wanting to swap choices is like 14 days or something, after that window passes it only gives you the option to withdraw if you haven't gotten a decision from that choice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending