The Student Room Group
University of York
York

When will I get info about offer days and accommodation?

I got an offer yesterday for Film & TV Production at York via UCAS, but haven't had any emails from York yet - how soon after an offer did anyone get email from York about offer days or applying for accommodation? Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

same i got an offer for film and tv yesterday but still haven't had any emails for offer holder days and i read that accommodation is opening early spring :smile:
University of York
York
Original post by Anonymous
I got an offer yesterday for Film & TV Production at York via UCAS, but haven't had any emails from York yet - how soon after an offer did anyone get email from York about offer days or applying for accommodation? Thanks!

It should be pretty soon, it shouldn't take long at all. This happened to me as well. Just be a little patient the university will get back to you. Also Congratulations. The accommodation could be searched up any time in google I believe or UCAS should automatically give you a uni accommodation suggestion in their Hub.
Original post by amielocker
same i got an offer for film and tv yesterday but still haven't had any emails for offer holder days and i read that accommodation is opening early spring :smile:

Same thing goes I guess on my message above ^
I've now had the offer email - nothing on offer days though (and the You@York page for Visit Days is blank at the moment!)
Original post by Golae2451
Same thing goes I guess on my message above ^
I've now had the offer email - nothing on offer days though (and the You@York page for Visit Days is blank at the moment!)

Dont worry, offer days commence late march or april maybe even may youll get a chance
We are going to an offer day on Wednesday 22nd February, there's also one on Saturday 4th March but it was fully booked. I'm not sure when accommodation opens but I'll find out what I can on Wednesday.
We are going to an offer day on Wednesday 22nd February, there's also one on Saturday 4th March but it was fully booked. I'm not sure when accommodation opens but I'll find out what I can on Wednesday.

Sounds great. Good luck and have fun :smile:
Which subject are you going for - is it Film & TV Prod?
Which subject are you going for - is it Film & TV Prod?

No, it's for economics. Have you managed to see any more dates yet on you@york?
Original post by Golae2451
Sounds great. Good luck and have fun :smile:

Thanks, looking forward to it.

This is what showed up on my page.

Nope! The Visit Days page is blank for me and they even sent a letter saying book now for Visit Day on 4th March but link in letter goes to... a blank page. I've emailed admissions so hopefully will hear soon.
Nope! The Visit Days page is blank for me and they even sent a letter saying book now for Visit Day on 4th March but link in letter goes to... a blank page. I've emailed admissions so hopefully will hear soon.

That's annoying 😒 if you don't hear back from them then phone ug admissions and try sort it that way. Good luck 🤞
Hi all,

Congratulations on your offers to study at York!

Film and Television are running visit days for offer holders on the following dates
Saturday 4 March
Saturday 25 March
Saturday 15 April

I'm sure the link in the portal will update soon - I've flagged the issue to our team.

Hope this helps - Hannah :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)

Hi there,

We encountered a technical issue with our booking system for the Visit Days for Film and Television Production, but it has now been fixed and you can book your place via your You@York account.

If you have any queries regarding booking your place, please contact [email protected] and we will be more than happy to help.

I hope this helps - Hannah :smile:
I'm going to the offer day on the 25th of march :smile:
I'm going to the offer day on the 25th of march :smile:

Same here!
Same here!

cool hopefully will see u there! is york your top choice? if so what accom are u thinking of applying for
yes, it's top choice - thinking of looking mainly at accommodation on Campus East...
cool hopefully will see u there! is york your top choice? if so what accom are u thinking of applying for

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending