The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Singleton 23

Looking for people whos starting in at singleton campus Undergraduate 2023 to make some friends and advice. First time moving out and i dont understand the loans, how do they get paid back?
Original post by Alysxx
Looking for people whos starting in at singleton campus Undergraduate 2023 to make some friends and advice. First time moving out and i dont understand the loans, how do they get paid back?

Hey!

Firstly, congratulations on your offer to study at Swansea! We look forward to welcoming you in September.

Everyone is really worried about making friends when they first come to university, so you definitely aren't alone in your worries. However, I have no doubt that you will make friends really easily! Swansea is a very friendly place, with a real community feel amongst all students on campus. I'd recommend taking a look at all the societies and sports clubs that we have to offer; there are tonnes, and there will definitely be something to suit your interests. You will also probably move in with flatmates in halls, so that's a fab place to make friends too, as well as meeting like-minded people on your course.

Moving away from home for the first time is so challenging for everyone, but I have no doubt that you will thrive at university and that your uni years will be some of the best of your life! Check out my linked posts on making friends/finding new experiences and leaving home for the first time for further tips. When I first came to uni, I made friends quite quickly with my housemates, joined the rowing club and made friends with people on my course, sitting with them in lectures and at lunch/during breaks.

Be confident, there is only one you and if you embrace that I'm sure people would love to be friends with you :smile:

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Hope - Swansea Student Ambassador and Second Year Graduate Entry Medicine Student.
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest