The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Optometry Interview;hertfordshire

Hi, does anyone have any advice, I did a Hertfordshire uni interview for Optometry about a month ago now. I haven't had any results yet reject or accept, but someone that I kept in contact with in the group interview got their offer last week. I don't know do I call them or just keep waiting, is this normal even though we had been tested at the same time? Thank you:smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
hi i have my interview for hertfordshire , can you oplease tell me how the process was. do they do individulal interview at the end and how do they test your communication skills. can you please give me an overview of how the interview went,

also dont wory they will get back to you, dont stress too much and i know you got this !
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
(Original post by Xzizzi)hi i have my interview for hertfordshire , can you oplease tell me how the process was. do they do individulal interview at the end and how do they test your communication skills. can you please give me an overview of how the interview went,

also dont wory they will get back to you, dont stress too much and i know you got this !

HII,Thank youuu yhh its like they forgot or something i called them today and got an offer a few hrs later!
It was a very calm interview even people that barely talked got an offer, but idk what they base it on.It was a group interview with weird qus not the normal why do you want to do optometry.Only one of those qus was the rest wasnt.They test communication by making you answer qus as a group and didnt do individual interview for us, it was group then a tour.I say be outgoing and enthusiastic, talk to the people around you!You cant exactly prepare its like those weird cambridge qus like how many balls fit in a room kinda thing!You'll do great!
Reply 3
can you please tell me what questions theyre asked !!

like dont they ask why you want to study optometry
explain a time you showed leadership skills

and also is there like scenario questions because i have prepared some flashcards and i feel like this whole interview structure will throw me off

as i got rejected by all my offers and this is my last hope if you can give some detailed advice i will really appreictae it

because i have my interview tomorrow and the email they sent me was very vague just asking about communication skills.
Reply 4
Original post by Xzizzi

and also is there like scenario questions because i have prepared some flashcards and i feel like this whole interview structure will throw me off

as i got rejected by all my offers and this is my last hope if you can give some detailed advice i will really appreictae it

because i have my interview tomorrow and the email they sent me was very vague just asking about communication skills.

Hi, i would love to help but the questions are random thats why the email is vague.They ask very non-related optometry qus like ur fav holiday for example? thats it.Its mainly about ur convincing skills!Honestly just go w the flow
Reply 5
Original post by Xzizzi

there wasnt really scenerio such was " a cataracts patient comes in blah blah"- it was personal-u just need to be confident,relaxed and outgoing imo,just be yourself, i know thats cringe but thats honestly it
Reply 6
alright thankyou so much what set of questions did they ask you if you dont mind me asking because you're literally the only student i have talked to who have applied to hertfordshire.
Reply 7
thankyou

alright thankyou so much what set of questions did they ask you if you dont mind me asking because you're literally the only student i have talked to who have applied to hertfordshire.

Original post by mystique1
Hi, i would love to help but the questions are random thats why the email is vague.They ask very non-related optometry qus like ur fav holiday for example? thats it.Its mainly about ur convincing skills!Honestly just go w the flow
Reply 8
Original post by Xzizzi
thankyou

do u have snap i can give u help there then u can delete the post w it after:smile:
Reply 9
yh it
Original post by mystique1
do u have snap i can give u help there then u can delete the post w it after:smile:
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending