The Student Room Group

Doctorate counselling psychology at York St John’s

Hi everyone

Has anyone applied for the Doctorate counselling psychology at York St John’s, and can give me some information on the interview process and the course itself.

In particular I wanted to know how broad I could focus my thesis on as I have a particular interest in psychedelic therapies.

Many thanks

Terry
Your thesis will have to:

1. Be relevant to being a counselling psych (would they be involved in those therapies?)
2. Pass ethical approval
3. Be new research
4. Be narrow enough it can be done within the requirements of a thesis
Yes I think so, as psychedelic research has had a revival into the benefits they have i therapy for mental health.
Original post by terryalderson
Hi everyone
Has anyone applied for the Doctorate counselling psychology at York St John’s, and can give me some information on the interview process and the course itself.
In particular I wanted to know how broad I could focus my thesis on as I have a particular interest in psychedelic therapies.
Many thanks
Terry
that uni is trash don't go there
Original post by jonathan.lorio
that uni is trash don't go there
I’m not, I have currently found a supervisor at Durham University who is doing psychedelic research who has agreed to take me on.
Original post by terryalderson
I’m not, I have currently found a supervisor at Durham University who is doing psychedelic research who has agreed to take me on.
good for you. Ayuesca has been documented by Dr. Gabor Mate in his documentary Wisdom of Trauma to be a great healing resource for people with PTSD, childhood trauma and addiction issues you should look into it.

And good for you. Yeah I interview with York st. John and wow is the black man who heads the program a real piece of work, very pretentious and unaware of his surroundings.

Quick Reply

Latest