The Student Room Group

Architecture with a Maths degree?

I'm on a gap year. I think I have found that I am interested in Architecture, but I applied (and have offers) for Maths. After getting out of the flow of Maths, I'm not really sure I'm too keen on studying it, but I don't really have a choice, considering the same thing may happen if I take another gap and apply for architecture.

Is there any way to pivot into architecture from a Maths degree?
Original post by crashcody
I'm on a gap year. I think I have found that I am interested in Architecture, but I applied (and have offers) for Maths. After getting out of the flow of Maths, I'm not really sure I'm too keen on studying it, but I don't really have a choice, considering the same thing may happen if I take another gap and apply for architecture.

Is there any way to pivot into architecture from a Maths degree?

There's nothing to stop you contacting the universities you're holding Maths offers with and asking whether they'd consider you for Architecture instead.

Before you do, check their entry requirements for Architecture. I haven't checked, but I have a feeling that some will expect to see a portfolio of "creative" work as part of the application process. (As there's a creative element to Architecture.)

All they can do is say, "No". So it does no harm to ask.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending