The Student Room Group

ensuite or studio as a muslim girl ?

hi all! i was just wondering if it would be better to get my own studio for my first year in uni, or an ensuite and share a kitchen as a muslim girl.. if anyone has any experience on living in student halls as a muslim it would be great too :smile:
Original post by xAshley_
hi all! i was just wondering if it would be better to get my own studio for my first year in uni, or an ensuite and share a kitchen as a muslim girl.. if anyone has any experience on living in student halls as a muslim it would be great too :smile:

Hi! Assalamualikum. I'm a Muslim as well.

There are a few factors to be considered, such as:
If you're religious, can live alone, and don't want anyone to invade your privacy, I definitely would suggest you look for a studio accommodation.
If you don't care about the previous statement, you can book an ensuite without any doubt, where you'll have the opportunity to socialize more.

When I was in the UK, I shared a private apartment with a friend, who had a separate bedroom, and the rest of the space was shared, and we got along fine. So if you think you're that kinda person, find someone with whom you'll be able to share. Otherwise, follow any of the given situations above if you prefer.
Reply 2
Original post by xAshley_

in my first year i didnt get an ensuite but requested all female accomodation and turns out over half of the girls were muslim so maybe get an ensuite but ask them if you can be in a female only flat it you want to save money

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending