The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Uni of York Accommodation

I wanted band 3 self catered in Derwent but that doesn't seem to be available. I'm looking at Halifax which is the most ideal but I've seen many praising it and many criticising it. Is there anyone who is in Halifax who can help me? I love York but the accommodation situation is worrying me, especially as I need to make my choices and apply soon.
Original post by misseuropa
I wanted band 3 self catered in Derwent but that doesn't seem to be available. I'm looking at Halifax which is the most ideal but I've seen many praising it and many criticising it. Is there anyone who is in Halifax who can help me? I love York but the accommodation situation is worrying me, especially as I need to make my choices and apply soon.

Hi there,

Congratulations on your offer to study at York! I've spoken with the accommodation team, and the Derwent band 3 shared self catered option is listed as 'Eden' in the application system, as the rooms are in Eden's Court of Derwent. So, if you look on the system for 'Eden' you should be able to find the room you're after!

I hope this helps - Hannah :smile:
University of York
York
Original post by University of York
Hi there,

Congratulations on your offer to study at York! I've spoken with the accommodation team, and the Derwent band 3 shared self catered option is listed as 'Eden' in the application system, as the rooms are in Eden's Court of Derwent. So, if you look on the system for 'Eden' you should be able to find the room you're after!

I hope this helps - Hannah :smile:

Thank you so much!

I was in band 3 Alcuin. Old style block (E) with baths which was a blessing. The same band on Halifax definitely seems nice and that's actually what I got given until I swapped for Alcuin because I preferred that it was slightly out of the way. Halifax is nice, the common room is very good and can be wild at times but also chill. Apparently Halloween is really wholesome as there's family accomodation there so u see kids in little Halloween costumes trick or treating .
Reply 4

Hi, so I got put in Halifax even though it was my 7th choice and I was really scared because of all the bad reviews surrounding it. However, I ended up loving it and met some amazing people. The rooms are actually fairly big and more modern than I was expecting, and it is really good socially and in terms of sports. It is a little further off campus than other colleges but nowhere near as far as people say, plus it felt a lot more homely. I would highly recommend it as it is also one of the cheapest rents and I actually preferred it over my friends' other Campus West rooms.
Original post by phh03
Hi, so I got put in Halifax even though it was my 7th choice and I was really scared because of all the bad reviews surrounding it. However, I ended up loving it and met some amazing people. The rooms are actually fairly big and more modern than I was expecting, and it is really good socially and in terms of sports. It is a little further off campus than other colleges but nowhere near as far as people say, plus it felt a lot more homely. I would highly recommend it as it is also one of the cheapest rents and I actually preferred it over my friends' other Campus West rooms.

Hi, thanks! Can I ask, did you get the cheapest Halifax Room? I remember looking at the £99 one (it may have changed) and obviously that's amazing money wise but I was worried that might mean the accommodation wasn't as nice. It's been a while since i applied so can't exactly remember what offers there were.
Reply 6
Hi, thanks! Can I ask, did you get the cheapest Halifax Room? I remember looking at the £99 one (it may have changed) and obviously that's amazing money wise but I was worried that might mean the accommodation wasn't as nice. It's been a while since i applied so can't exactly remember what offers there were.

I was in Band 3, but I have visited the £99 rooms. From what I remember they would be in St Lawrence court, which are 20 person houses. It might sound like a lot but I think there are two kitchens and three bathrooms, and obviously means you get to know a lot more people especially during freshers. The rooms themselves actually aren't too bad either. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending