The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Uni of York Applicants 2023

Anyone else picked York as their firm choice? I'm doing English and was wondering who else has applied :smile:

Scroll to see replies

i firmed york yesterday for physics with astrophysics! a bunch of my friends are also going to york which is so cool :biggrin:
University of York
York
Hey, I selected York as my firm I’m going to be studying philosophy 😁
Original post by etsworld
Hey, I selected York as my firm I’m going to be studying philosophy 😁

Wow philosophy! That's really interesting :smile:
Hi everyone!

It's great to hear that you've all made York your firm choice - we can't wait to welcome you in September!

If you fancy finding out a bit more about what to expect from university life, I'd recommend joining our offer holder Instagram - check out our website to find out more about how to join the account!

Best wishes - Hannah :smile:
Original post by strugglingsixth
i firmed york yesterday for physics with astrophysics! a bunch of my friends are also going to york which is so cool :biggrin:

i have also firmed for physics with astrophysics!
Reply 6
Original post by misseuropa
Anyone else picked York as their firm choice? I'm doing English and was wondering who else has applied :smile:

I firmed york for english too! so excited :smile:
Original post by eloula

haven't yet firmed york because i'm deciding between that and glasgow, but i'm really leaning towards york for history!! what college did you end up choosing?
Reply 8
Original post by eloula

me too! i love york so i can't wait to be there
I have! For Politics with International relations, what colleges/accommodations have you applied for?
Original post by harrieteflynn
I have! For Politics with International relations, what colleges/accommodations have you applied for?

have you gotten your accommodation stuff already??? i firmed it on tuesday and its been 3 days and no sign of the accommodation email!!
Reply 11
Original post by harrieteflynn

it was a while ago now but i think Halifax and Derwent were my top ones! English is Campus West so hoping for Derwent although tbh I don't really mind where I am. You? :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by username6024184
haven't yet firmed york because i'm deciding between that and glasgow, but i'm really leaning towards york for history!! what college did you end up choosing?

Which did you end up deciding on for your firm choice?
Reply 13
Hey i applied for Halifax and Derwent accommodation as well! though i'm studying mental health nursing so really hoping for Alcuin. Do you know when we hear back about which we've been given?

Original post by misseuropa
it was a while ago now but i think Halifax and Derwent were my top ones! English is Campus West so hoping for Derwent although tbh I don't really mind where I am. You? :smile:
Original post by SeraphSoup
Hey i applied for Halifax and Derwent accommodation as well! though i'm studying mental health nursing so really hoping for Alcuin. Do you know when we hear back about which we've been given?

Hi,

Room offers are sent out from 17 August (UK A level results day), and will contain an offer of a room detailing the college, room type and let length.

Hope this helps!

Hazel :smile:
Hi are there any uni of York group chats I can join via Snapchat, insta, WhatsApp etc?
Original post by Yolo272738
Hi are there any uni of York group chats I can join via Snapchat, insta, WhatsApp etc?

Your best bet is probably joining the official freshers group on facebook (you should’ve received an email with a link) and asking people on there as I’ve seen a few making group chats. There also one or two unofficial groups like the applicants and offer holders group for York that you may want to join.
Reply 17
Hi! Hope you got good news this morning! I'm a returning English student and Halifax STYC, so if you have any questions about uni life or York, please feel free to ask! :smile:
Original post by phh03
Hi! Hope you got good news this morning! I'm a returning English student and Halifax STYC, so if you have any questions about uni life or York, please feel free to ask! :smile:

hey I just got an offer for Halifax, just wondering how long it takes to get to East campus and whether there are any buses nearby?
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Sushebrtirne
hey I just got an offer for Halifax, just wondering how long it takes to get to East campus and whether there are any buses nearby?

Hi, congrats on your offer!

It's about a 20 minute walk from Halifax College to Campus East. There are free shuttle buses between Campus West and Campus East that run regularly during term time. The nearest bus stop to Halifax College is at Heslington Hall (a five minute walk away).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending