The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Lab time biomed

Hi, I have an offer for biomed at York. Can anyone tell me how much lab time there is per week in the 1st and 2nd years?
Thanks.
Original post by HJTay
Hi, I have an offer for biomed at York. Can anyone tell me how much lab time there is per week in the 1st and 2nd years?
Thanks.

Hi there,

Congratulations on your offer to study biomedical sciences at York! I'm afraid I didn't study biomed for my undergraduate degree, so I've asked your question to two current biomed students in their second year of the course, here's what they said:

"Hi there! It is hard to note the exact amount of hours we spend in practicals in second year, as this is varied depending on module choices. Having said that, I usually have one practical session per week, which is around 3 hours long. In first year, we all took the same modules, so we all had a similar amount of lab time, I believe we had around 2 practicals a week in first term (3-6 hours). - I hope this helps, Chloe"

"Hiya! So in the first year, labs usually lasted around 2 - 3 hours. In the first term, we basically had labs every single week., Whereas in the second term, I believe we had practicals every 2 weeks or so. In the second year, I have had practicals basically every week for both first and second term due to the modules I've chosen, each of these labs lasts around 4 hours or so. Hope that helps! Zuzanna :smile:"

I hope this helps,

Hannah :smile:
University of York
York

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending