The Student Room Group

What is a sensible explanation of life?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RealWizard
I think the word “God” is typically used in religious contexts, but one like a “Super Being”, Wizard, Angel, Sorcerer et cetera capture the idea in my opinion.

It should be obvious that yes indeed, such a being did 100% create and cause the pioneering existence of life.

I believe in god (not religious though), but can you provide proof that he: "did 100% create and cause the pioneering existence of life"?
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Many races believe that it was created by some sort of god, though the Jatravartid people of Viltvodle VI believe that the entire Universe was in fact sneezed out of the nose of a being called the Great Green Arkleseizure. The Jatravartids, who live in perpetual fear of the time they call The Coming of the Great White Handkerchief, are small blue creatures with more than fifty arms each, who are therefore unique in being the only race in history to have invented the aerosol deodorant before the wheel."
Original post by Admit-One
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Many races believe that it was created by some sort of god, though the Jatravartid people of Viltvodle VI believe that the entire Universe was in fact sneezed out of the nose of a being called the Great Green Arkleseizure. The Jatravartids, who live in perpetual fear of the time they call The Coming of the Great White Handkerchief, are small blue creatures with more than fifty arms each, who are therefore unique in being the only race in history to have invented the aerosol deodorant before the wheel."

Profound words from the prophet Douglas Adams.
One can easily observe the organized and intelligent design of the world around.

[Citation Needed]
Original post by Talkative Toad
I believe in god (not religious though), but can you provide proof that he: "did 100% create and cause the pioneering existence of life"?

The proof can be obtained from logical conclusions made by studying some clear practicalities. First, it is true that available matter has a source and all these things/concepts/ideas/words et cetera, have all been named and defined by a certainly intelligent being. Yes, discoveries might have been made during past history, but there is surely a special being who is responsible for producing and explaining the fundamental basics.

If you really think about it, at the supernatural onset is a being AND his surroundings/environment. It would be totally unreasonable to believe that the existence of life has no beginning. Most may struggle to fathom this, but it really is a divine/supernatural/extraordinary et cetera process that spontaneously began after when there was no existing reality.
Original post by SHallowvale
[Citation Needed]

A very obvious example is how the natural ground where several things are and where walking is done, is somehow level. This is indeed different from known hills, mountains and such. The design can be described as organized and intelligent based on a typical example like this. Things like trees might not be entirely symmetrical, but you have to understand that the original surroundings/environment of life/existence was completely pristine. Now, after other differing lives and organisms somehow entered into the scene, their effect has caused the present world to be slightly blotted (or more, depending on what perspective you take).

and thus we may close this thread! it has been established that the meaning of life is 42, which seems to me a perfectly sensible explanation of the universe and everything as a whole. thank you for your wisdom and rip douglas adams 😌
The proof can be obtained from logical conclusions made by studying some clear practicalities. First, it is true that available matter has a source and all these things/concepts/ideas/words et cetera, have all been named and defined by a certainly intelligent being. Yes, discoveries might have been made during past history, but there is surely a special being who is responsible for producing and explaining the fundamental basics.

If you really think about it, at the supernatural onset is a being AND his surroundings/environment. It would be totally unreasonable to believe that the existence of life has no beginning. Most may struggle to fathom this, but it really is a divine/supernatural/extraordinary et cetera process that spontaneously began after when there was no existing reality.

Can you provide a link (post a link) to a source that explicitly proves that God is 100% the creator of life (preferably not linking the Bible, Torah, or Qu'ran)?
A very obvious example is how the natural ground where several things are and where walking is done, is somehow level. This is indeed different from known hills, mountains and such. The design can be described as organized and intelligent based on a typical example like this. Things like trees might not be entirely symmetrical, but you have to understand that the original surroundings/environment of life/existence was completely pristine. Now, after other differing lives and organisms somehow entered into the scene, their effect has caused the present world to be slightly blotted (or more, depending on what perspective you take).

Sorry, I'm not sure I follow. Are you saying that the Earth must have had an intelligent designer because the surface of the world (i.e. the ground) is mostly flat (ignoring hills, mountains, etc)?

If so, how does this prove your point? Even if the world were a completely smooth ball, how would that conclude that it must have had an intelligent designer?
Sorry, I'm not sure I follow. Are you saying that the Earth must have had an intelligent designer because the surface of the world (i.e. the ground) is mostly flat (ignoring hills, mountains, etc)?

If so, how does this prove your point? Even if the world were a completely smooth ball, how would that conclude that it must have had an intelligent designer?

Prepare yourself for an incredible explanation courtesy of TSR’s self-styled perfect intelligence”.
Prepare yourself for an incredible explanation courtesy of TSR’s self-styled perfect intelligence”.

Christ. :s-smilie:
Original post by Talkative Toad
Can you provide a link (post a link) to a source that explicitly proves that God is 100% the creator of life (preferably not linking the Bible, Torah, or Qu'ran)?

My reference is not from any religious book.

What do you need a link for? Are my words hard to understand? Or do you think the explanation is inaccurate?

You didn’t even comment on the contents of what I wrote/typed. You’re just asking for a link; seems unusual to me.

Not attempting to seem ridiculous, but try to imagine if an underdeveloped child or an animal like a cat tried to draw a straight line. The result would very likely be crooked. Notice how a feature like the ground being level provides an adequate situation.

A design can be described as being done intelligently if its characteristics are appropriate, suitable, fitted et cetera. On the contrary, if there was no intelligent designer, things would have been horribly skewed and erratic.
Or, mayhap, the shape of the Earth can be explained using understood processes without invoking a supernatural intelligence.
Additionally, of course the ground will be about level if you ignore the parts where it isn’t (mountains and hills).
Not attempting to seem ridiculous, but try to imagine if an underdeveloped child or an animal like a cat tried to draw a straight line. The result would very likely be crooked. Notice how a feature like the ground being level provides an adequate situation.

A design can be described as being done intelligently if its characteristics are appropriate, suitable, fitted et cetera. On the contrary, if there was no intelligent designer, things would have been horribly skewed and erratic.

"On the contrary, if there was no intelligent designer, things would have been horribly skewed and erratic" - So, if I'm understanding you correctly, if the Earth didn't have an intelligent designer then the surface of the world wouldn't be (mostly) smooth?
My reference is not from any religious book.

What do you need a link for? Are my words hard to understand? Or do you think the explanation is inaccurate?

You didn’t even comment on the contents of what I wrote/typed. You’re just asking for a link; seems unusual to me.

I want a link to a source that explicitly proves your claim that God is 100% the creator of life. I.e evidence of where you're getting the claim/fact from that isn't just "I'm right".

I also believe that a God could have created the universe but I'm not trying to present that as being 100% the case or a fact.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/life/debating/dca-good-debating-practice
(edited 1 year ago)
Who is arguing that life makes 'no sense'?

I assume that you are referring to the biosphere of Earth, and not manmade achievements. If so, several hundred years of philosophical and scientific debate would suggest otherwise. But you see very certain about it.

agree

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending