The Student Room Group

Reapplying 2024

I’m depressingly reapplying this year, which is fine, I know…. Just finding it hard seeing all my friends go off to uni and I’m back doing applications again! Oh well! Anyway, was wondering how much of my personal statement I should change as I got 3 out of 3 interviews last year with my application so feeling I shouldn’t dramatically rewrite it. My experience is all still relevant and within the time frame

Any tips for re-applicants?
(edited 7 months ago)
Hey! I think someone else has already said this but you don’t need to change your PS if you’re happy with it, maybe just update it with anything you’ve done since towards your application (grades, work experience, other stuff like hobbies etc) but it’s not a big deal anyway as most vet schools don’t look at PS or don’t weight it very much. As for tips for reapplicants, I have a section on advice I tend to give all applicants on my GYG blog if you wanted to have a read over if you find anything helpful. I would really treat it as a rest where you can and do whatever you want - work, holidays, more work experience etc. Visit your friends at their unis, you can still have fun! I did work most of my time at a restaurant and felt it was really beneficial to me as I really grew in confidence in communicating etc. I also did some more work exp, loads at a stables mostly for free rides but I did continue after the application deadline and I did some lambing even after I had an unconditional offer (because had grades) at Liverpool just so I’d be more prepared as a vet student and I did find it beneficial.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending