The Student Room Group

I have emailed the entire WORLD for hospital placements and noone is replying back

I have emailed the entire WORLD for hospital placements and noone is replying back
I need medical work experience and its so hard to find some.It is so irritating and annoying.I have been looking for months and I am STILL NOT SUCESSFUL AND YHHHH.
IF you guys know any hospital that do work experience plz give me there email.
Original post by Anonymous
I need medical work experience and its so hard to find some.It is so irritating and annoying.I have been looking for months and I am STILL NOT SUCESSFUL AND YHHHH.

Stop emailing and print off your CV and go to the hospitals and GPs to hand in your CV.

Your emails will get ignored.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
You're not doing it right.

As per the first reply, you need to be more pro-active and lower your expectations. Covid is still a massive overhang, and unless you have family/friends high enough to allow you to shadow, things will move slowly.

I advise you to get in touch with the voluntary services at your local acute trust.
Original post by Anonymous

One thing i learnt when applying to veterinary placements is sometimes a phone call is better and a quicker way of getting into contact with people. Make a list of everywhere you emailed and phone. Make sure to ask if there's a better person to email. Alternatively going in to hospitals with a CV and a cover letter may be a direct way of contact and will help you to stand out. Do you have a cover letter (a CV may also be helpful). I know its a placement you're looking for but they are highly competitive so having a CV might really make you stand out. If you can't get a hospital would GP practices or care homes be suitable?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending