The Student Room Group
Leeds Trinity University
Leeds Trinity University
Leeds
Visit website

University application

I applied for a sports therapy and rehab course at leeds trinity for foundation level, however i got an offer for the normal course with the reqs being "96 UCAS Tariff points, and subject to meeting our basic
entry requirements." Which only now have I realised after getting an email to prove that I have some GCSE certifs that I might be in trouble I have my English and Maths however I don't have a science that I can put down , I understand that it is my dumb for not realising I would need a science however I am wondering what I can do right now. Along with this I have another question, wouldn't the university know I do not have one of the requirements as It has been stated (or not ) on my application? When on the email to submit evidence of my quals it says"In order to allow you to fully register for your course in September, we must verify certain qualifications that you have listed on your UCAS application form" thanks.

Ps I think the reason I applied for foundation was because I didn't have a science in the first place.
So you listed a qualification on your UCAS application that you do not actually have?
That was not a good idea as you are now about to be found out.

All you can do now is contact LTU and tell them that you lied.
Leeds Trinity University
Leeds Trinity University
Leeds
Visit website
Reply 2
(Original post by McGinger)So you listed a qualification on your UCAS application that you do not actually have?
That was not a good idea as you are now about to be found out.

All you can do now is contact LTU and tell them that you lied.

No I listed what I did have, I never said I put what I didnt have on there however if the uni has access to my UCAS application then shouldn't they know I do not have the quals as they are not listed on there?
Original post by Mechanist
No I listed what I did have, I never said I put what I didnt have on there however if the uni has access to my UCAS application then shouldn't they know I do not have the quals as they are not listed on there?

In that case you'll need to contact them to clarify that you don't meet the science requirement.(I would clarify that you applied to the FY for this reason).

They should have queried with you after seeing your listed quals but mistakes happen.

NB. If they suggest it's not an issue, get something in writing. Don't just take someone's word for it over the phone.
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One
In that case you'll need to contact them to clarify that you don't meet the science requirement.(I would clarify that you applied to the FY for this reason).

They should have queried with you after seeing your listed quals but mistakes happen.

NB. If they suggest it's not an issue, get something in writing. Don't just take someone's word for it over the phone.

I did think it strange that despite having access to what quals I have I get an offer with conditions to have a qual i don't have unless they expect me to get the qual before the uni date. I was thinking of doing what you said but getting something in writing is a shout thanks for the advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending