The Student Room Group

Want to restart hifz

I want to restart hifz, but it’s been seven years, and I’m out of practice and I feel almost a little ashamed to be starting again because I’m worried I might not be able to do it.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you
Original post by Anonymous
I want to restart hifz, but it’s been seven years, and I’m out of practice and I feel almost a little ashamed to be starting again because I’m worried I might not be able to do it.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you

How many Juz did you do?
Original post by Ayaz0089
How many Juz did you do?

I did Juz 30, 29 and then started from the beginning and did 1 and 2, but I don’t remember any of them completely anymore 😔
I did Juz 30, 29 and then started from the beginning and did 1 and 2, but I don’t remember any of them completely anymore 😔

That’s not too bad! I did 15 Juz and then left Hifz but I started again last month after 6 years myself, I do still remember about 8 Juz so I’m just doing dhor for the 15 Juz before I start sabak again! It’s your choice at the end of the day but it is very rewarding :smile:
Wow mashaallah, that’s actually very encouraging, because you seem to be in a similar situation but much more practiced.
It’s definitely something I want to do, but it’s just not something I want to leave incomplete again.
I’m sure you understand
Wow mashaallah, that’s actually very encouraging, because you seem to be in a similar situation but much more practiced.
It’s definitely something I want to do, but it’s just not something I want to leave incomplete again.
I’m sure you understand

Yeah like keep going over the Juz that you do know so you don’t forget
Original post by Ayaz0089
Yeah like keep going over the Juz that you do know so you don’t forget

Yeah, I’m thinking of starting from Juz 30 again, as that’s the one I remember most and doing dhor, and then start learning more

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending