The Student Room Group

Feeling weird about GCSES

Okay so basically a run down. I know people in y12 and y11 and I have a close friend in y10. My y10 friend will apparently end up doing his GCSEs before I do my y10 mocks. is it normal for this to make me feel jealous?

So I'm kinda jealous and also excited for gcses - I never got y6 Sats experience because of covid.

But I'm also terrified for them from looking at past papers. Like maths is fine, I'm doing higher and I can do some of it already. But although I'm in top set English, I am genuinely scared of English Language and English Literature. Biology also goddammn petrified me.

Is this normal and how do I deal with it?

TL;DR: I'm scared and excited for GCSEs while jealous of a close friend who is going to do his actual GCSEs before I even do my mocks. Is this normal and what should I do to deal with it?
Are you jealous because he's getting them out of the way sooner than you? Is he doing them all in Year 10, or some in Year 10 and some in Year 11? There's nothing to be jealous of. It makes no difference when you take them.

SATs are absolutely pointless. They're only for the benefit of schools, not for any benefit to students. You really didn't miss out on anything.
Reply 2
yeah ik about the sats part it's just they forced me to stay after school to not do them

I honestly don't know. I guess because he's moving on quicker and he's not gonna be there when I'm in y11 and I can't walk to school with him and I'll barely speak to him, and I'm scared we'll grow apart
Original post by lexistar
yeah ik about the sats part it's just they forced me to stay after school to not do them

I honestly don't know. I guess because he's moving on quicker and he's not gonna be there when I'm in y11 and I can't walk to school with him and I'll barely speak to him, and I'm scared we'll grow apart

Why won't be be in school? He'll still be compulsory school age through Year 11. Is he going to be home educated?
Reply 4
When I'm in y11, because he's a year older than me, he'll be in y12. he's not staying at this school for sixth form and tbh I can't blame him
Original post by lexistar
When I'm in y11, because he's a year older than me, he'll be in y12. he's not staying at this school for sixth form and tbh I can't blame him

Oh so you're currently in Year 9? Right okay.
So you're feeling sad that your friend is going to be moving away to go to another sixth form?

That would have happened regardless of whether or not he takes his GCSEs in year 10 or Year 11.

I'm sure you can stay in touch.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest