The Student Room Group

Feeling overshadowed by partners success

I feel somewhat guilty for feeling like this, but deep inside I feel overshadowed by my partner. She’s done very well to get the first job she applied to, when she finishes university, and I’m making some success made loads of applications and only just getting to interviews now. I’m happy for her of course. And faced dozens of rejections. Should I feel guilty for feeling like this?
it’s normal but you should look at this positively not negatively. Admire her don’t be jealous
Problem of women going for careers it messes the whole balance up. Under the traditional system you would each have your own domain and wouldn't be looking at each other enviously. Not great feeling to have in a relationship where you're supposed to be partners working together me thinks.
Original post by Anonymous
I feel somewhat guilty for feeling like this, but deep inside I feel overshadowed by my partner. She’s done very well to get the first job she applied to, when she finishes university, and I’m making some success made loads of applications and only just getting to interviews now. I’m happy for her of course. And faced dozens of rejections. Should I feel guilty for feeling like this?

use it as motivation
Reply 4
It’s actually a complement having a more talented partner, after all they have chosen to be with you. Revel in it rather than feel inadequate, it will bring out the best in you too
Just don't let her use it as a negative tool in arguments etc and you should be gucci

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending