The Student Room Group

can someone tell me how they'd interpret this email

Thank you for your application for the apprenticeship position with us. After careful consideration, I regret to inform you that we are declining to move forward further. We have not previously appointed an apprentice and the apprenticeship application process has raised some questions for us around whether we can support a single apprentice in the manner that would be needed for them to be successful. We are therefore reassessing our approach in relation to the apprenticeship scheme.

We appreciate the time that you have taken to apply. And wish you all the best with your studies, career and other applications.
Reply 1
It feels like they don’t know what the hell they are doing to be honest. Apprenticeships are a big investment and you need a proper process. It’s not uncommon for recruitment to be poorly managed and roles advertised that are not thought through, and then subsequently challenged. Probably it’s good you’re not going there.
Original post by HA8210
Thank you for your application for the apprenticeship position with us. After careful consideration, I regret to inform you that we are declining to move forward further. We have not previously appointed an apprentice and the apprenticeship application process has raised some questions for us around whether we can support a single apprentice in the manner that would be needed for them to be successful. We are therefore reassessing our approach in relation to the apprenticeship scheme.

We appreciate the time that you have taken to apply. And wish you all the best with your studies, career and other applications.

Sounds like it's with Schofield TV Productions Ltd... 😆
Reply 3
Original post by Zarek
It feels like they don’t know what the hell they are doing to be honest. Apprenticeships are a big investment and you need a proper process. It’s not uncommon for recruitment to be poorly managed and roles advertised that are not thought through, and then subsequently challenged. Probably it’s good you’re not going there.

do you think they are not doing the apprenticeship completely or they did rejected me?
Reply 4
Original post by HA8210
do you think they are not doing the apprenticeship completely or they did rejected me?

If they are a well established, large and reputable company it’s probably a clumsily worded rejection. No shame in this either as typically you have to apply to quite a few things before getting an offer. If they are not, it’s as they say, they haven’t quite fathomed yet how they are getting in to apprenticeships
Reply 5
Original post by Zarek
If they are a well established, large and reputable company it’s probably a clumsily worded rejection. No shame in this either as typically you have to apply to quite a few things before getting an offer. If they are not, it’s as they say, they haven’t quite fathomed yet how they are getting in to apprenticeships

It's a small company, do you think they're are scrapping the apprenticeship this year?
Reply 6
Original post by HA8210
It's a small company, do you think they're are scrapping the apprenticeship this year?

For now maybe, but also it’s likely they are also working out how to run them. Apprenticeships can be extremely powerful for both sides, but the company does need to know how to select and grow talent
Reply 7
Original post by Zarek
For now maybe, but also it’s likely they are also working out how to run them. Apprenticeships can be extremely powerful for both sides, but the company does need to know how to select and grow talent

They're partnered with the university of Warwick so I'm really hoping they'll reconsider my application and I can sort out extra training in the side.do you think they'll reconsider me? I have quite a bit of experience for the role as well as experience working within a team.
Reply 8
Original post by HA8210
They're partnered with the university of Warwick so I'm really hoping they'll reconsider my application and I can sort out extra training in the side.do you think they'll reconsider me? I have quite a bit of experience for the role as well as experience working within a team.

Impossible to say really. Maybe write a letter to them to this effect and see what happens
Reply 9
Original post by Zarek
Impossible to say really. Maybe write a letter to them to this effect and see what happens

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated
Doesn't sound like anything you did, if after close examination they don't feel able to meet the requirements then they are doing the right thing in being straight about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending