The Student Room Group

Advice for UCAS application next year?

Hi, Just wanted some advice on how I can improve my application for next year's admissions since I've gotten absolutely ****ed this year.
I'm applying with 10 9s at GCSE, 4 A*s predicted + A* EPQ, a much above average aptitude test (28), Gold dofe, volunteering, good sports, and a realyl good personal statement.
Despite this, I've gotten 1/5 offers, I applied for law and I got rejected by Oxford, Kings, UCL, Warwick and have an offer for Exeter. How can I improve for next year's admissions cycle?
Thanks in advance!
What feedback have you gotten from the other 4?
Original post by Admit-One
What feedback have you gotten from the other 4?

Oxford was interview could've gone better and admissions test was 1/42 below successful offer holder average, King's was didn't meet admissions test criteria (which was ridiculously high this year for domestic students [30/42 - oxford successful last year was 28]), waiting on UCL and Warwick
(edited 1 year ago)
@AlexStricklin12

It sounds like you have got the extra-curricular activities covered and that academically you're strong, so perhaps it is do with your motivation for doing law or your awareness of current trends/changes in the area of law. It's just a guess, but maybe it's something to think about.

It might also be an idea to think about your interview skills. Do you need to show more enthusiasm, knowledge and understanding? Do some of your answers come across as cliché? Again, I don't know, but it might good to reflect on what went well and what did not go so well and why.
Is it practising more interview questions? Is it speaking less/more? Do you need stronger examples?

All the best,

Oluwatosin 2nd year student University of Huddersfield
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending