The Student Room Group

Film studies personal statement

I'm a first year uni student looking to transfer universities to do film studies, which means I don't have any support writing my personal statement. I did sociology and English language for my a-levels and a btec in health & social care, my current course is completely unrelated to film so I don't know how I can link my qualifications.
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by imsorryjen
I'm a first year uni student looking to transfer universities to do film studies, which means I don't have any support writing it. I did sociology and English language for my a-levels and a btec in health & social care, my current course is completely unrelated to film so I don't know how I can link my qualifications.

Hello @imsorryjen, usually transfers between universities are done on a case by case basis, each institution will have its own "rules" on whether or not a transfer would be possible. If you are interested in transferring to a different university, the next step I would recommend is to contact your university of interests enquiries team directly, whether that be via email or give them a call. The enquires team should be able to further advise you on whether a transfer would be possible.

If it is the University of Salford that you are interested in, you can contact our course enquires team via email - [email protected].

Hope this helps.
Matt - University of Salford Representative
Original post by imsorryjen
I'm a first year uni student looking to transfer universities to do film studies, which means I don't have any support writing my personal statement. I did sociology and English language for my a-levels and a btec in health & social care, my current course is completely unrelated to film so I don't know how I can link my qualifications.

You don’t have to link your qualifications. That’s advice teachers give to students who don’t have anything to write about.

Your PS needs to demonstrate that you understand what a film studies degree involves and that you’re interested enough in that to get through 3 years - so talk about what areas of film studies you find interesting, talk in detail about what you’ve done in your free time to find out more about those areas: podcasts, blogs, documentaries, moocs, online lectures, public lectures…and what you’re looking forward to studying in more depth during your degree.
Original post by University of Salford
Hello @imsorryjen, usually transfers between universities are done on a case by case basis, each institution will have its own "rules" on whether or not a transfer would be possible. If you are interested in transferring to a different university, the next step I would recommend is to contact your university of interests enquiries team directly, whether that be via email or give them a call. The enquires team should be able to further advise you on whether a transfer would be possible.

If it is the University of Salford that you are interested in, you can contact our course enquires team via email - [email protected].

Hope this helps.
Matt - University of Salford Representative

Transfers into year 1 of a new degree aren’t any different to any other ucas application. There’s absolutely no point in contacting a university in advance of applying (and even for applications for entry into year 2 they are made through UCAS and very few universities will be willing to give any detailed review of the chances of an offer until an applicant actually makes a commitment of submitting a UCAS application).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending