The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Edinburgh vs Durham

I have offers from Durham for anthropology and Edinburgh for social anthropology and I am really struggling to choose. Does anyone have any tips in regards to the courses, the general uni life, nightlife etc...?
Hi, congratulations on the offers! Is this for a bachelor's or master's course?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
I have offers from Durham for anthropology and Edinburgh for social anthropology and I am really struggling to choose. Does anyone have any tips in regards to the courses, the general uni life, nightlife etc...?

Where are you from? I think it makes a difference as to where to go!
Original post by anthro_int5
Hi, congratulations on the offers! Is this for a bachelor's or master's course?

Thank you !!!! It is a bachelor's course
Where are you from? I think it makes a difference as to where to go!

I'm from London
Reply 5
The collegiate system at Durham is brilliant, there is always something going on, and they really go out of their way to make you settle in. My son in Durham has a much better social life than the other in a city. Each college is way more than a halls of residence , with clubs, societies , formal dinners, and weekly events. Each college even has its own bar . Bar crawls between the colleges are very popular!.
I'm from London

UCAS recently announced that Durham is the top choice by London Private school pupils.
The newly designed degrees at Oxford, UCL etc are much more broad, not narrow. The Edinburgh course is only Social Anthropology and the Durham course covers 4/5 different types of anthropology which allows for you to actually find out which you prefer, then you can narrow down as you like best.
It will be much easier to make friends at Durham because of the collage system but Edinburgh is def a beautiful city. Durham is 4th in UK rankings for Anthropology and a Edinburgh is 13th ( 2022 )

Quick Reply

Latest